|ONE: The × Hunter × Exam|

I was three years old when I was taking from my village. One other girl was there with beautiful red hair. Five years my senior. Her name, I would soon find out, was Erza then Erza Scarlet when Jellal gave her her own last name. She protected me during our time at stupid real world hell. And gour a good year and a half out bond grew until we made it out together. And we went to Fairy Tail and perfected our Requip and Sword magic, but Erza was much better at it.

Which led me to branching out and learn other magic from the differing young mages in the guild. And now, I was twelve years old. Twelve years old and I was on my way to the Hunters Exam. I didn't really want to take the exam. Instead, I wanted to do something than Erza hasn't accomplished yet. And there's also that first Mage of Fiore Hunter thing that many of us prepubescent dweebs aspire to become.

"Do you have everything?" Erza Scarlet asked me as she held my shoulders.

The boat to take me to the Exam was right on the docks waiting for me to say my goodbyes.

"Erze, I have everything. I have some cards for boredom, several protein bars to help rejuvenate, and this special trinket." I showed her my water bottle with ale in it. "To replenish my energy for Energy Dragon."

She snatched the bottle out of my hands. "You shouldn't drink this! You're underage! You spend way too much time with Cana."

"I do NOT! Anyways, Cana has been drinking since she was my age." I reminded her.

"Hence why I think Cana is a bad influence on you." Erza told me.

The said brunette named Cana Alberona looked over from her barrallel of ale and glared at the redhead before me. With that, I started to laugh inside my head. Of course, Erza couldn't see her, and I didn't want her to know what Cana was doing from behind her barrell.

"But alcohol gives me energy!" I explained.

"I know, but there needs to be a way for you to get that intense energy through that kind of respiration known as Alcoholic Fermentation than alcohol." Well there was bread, but bread is bland. I like the taste of alcohol more though. I was not going to tell her about bread.

"Erza, she kinda needs to leave now if she wants to make it there on time." Lucy Heartfillia reminded her.

Erza sighed. "I know. If anything happens to you, I will be your worst nightmare." What does she mean by that?

"Bye, [Y/N]!" my pinkette surrogate brother, Natsu Dragneel, cheered for me as he and Gray Fullbuster gave me a great big hug. Happy flew in towards me after the two boys released me from their hold. I wish I had a cat like Happy. I wish I had a talking flying cat period.

"I'll know what happened to you at any given point of time." Erza told me as she discarded her breastplate to reveal her normal white blouse underneath all of her armours. Her blue fairy tail emblem on her shoulder was visible. And I bumped my emblem that was on my  forearm to hers. It was what we always did when one of us would leave on a solo mission (or job).

"I know. I love you, sis. See you when I get back." and I left the fairy tail guild, walking to the pier and walked aboard.

I was going to the hunter exam. And this was the beginning of an adventure. An adventure I would have to take without the people that were my family. My first adventure on my own. It seems weird when you think about it. Before long, the boat left the harbor and I was ushered into a cabin.