Death of an Angel

The Alyn Hendrix Trilogy:

Death of an Angel

By:

Henry Nash

Part One:

An Angel’s Plight

From the Prospective of Alyn Hendrix

Sara screamed as she walked out of the house, “Dad, you got me a car?” It was her and her brother’s 16th birthday, they deserved something to get them out of this crazy house. Ash walked out and looked around, “What did I get?” he asked, his black hair was covering his half his face. I walked into the garage and grabbed the keys to my old motorcycle, “Well, son,” I said as I walked back, “I know how you liked motorcycles and all, so I thought…”

Ash snatched the keys out of my hands, “You giving me the old rust bucket?” he said, his eyes glowing underneath his black hair. I nodded, “It’s not much, but I thought that out of anyone, you’d be the one who deserved it the most.” Ash smiled, which was rare for him, “Thanks Pops.” I smiled, “Your welcome Ash.” He ran off to the garage.

 I heard Sara turn on her car, an old red mustang, and rev the engine. “Sounding good Sara.” Sara laughed and yelled, “I could sure kick someone’s ass in a drag race.” I laughed, “As long as you don’t get arrested, go right ahead.” Then I heard the rev of the old motorcycle. “You wanna race?”  He yelled to Sara and me. I rolled my eyes, “Ares and I could kick that little bike’s ass, as would Sara and her mustang.” But Sara and Ash were already at the end of the driveway, ready for the drag race.

I snapped my fingers and both the engines died. “Ah, Dad, come on.” Sara and Ash yelled at me. They both knew I had killed the engines. I could feel Sara trying to fight my power and switch the engines back on, “Sara, let me tell you, you won’t break it, and even if you did, your mustang would leave that old bike in the dust. Now, Ares on the other hand...” Sara stepped out of the car, “Then you race me, Dad, or are you too scared?” Ash turned to me, “Yeah Pops, you chicken?”

I pointed at Ash and lifted him up about a yard or two above the bike. Ash screamed, “Pops, Mom told you not to do shit like this.” I snapped to let him down, but he stayed in the air. I snapped again and looked at Sara. She lifted her hands, “It’s not me, Pops, I swear.” She said, looking up at Ash. I looked more closely at Ash, there was a dark haze around his arms and legs. I looked at Sara and she knew what I was seeing. “Ash, we’re sorry for what we’re about to do.” Sara and I said, snapping our fingers, Sara had white lightning come off her fingers, while I had a dark royal blue lightning come off mine. “What the hell do you think you’re doing?” Ash yelled, seeing the lightning.

Sara shot at Ash’s arms and I shot for his legs. We hit our marks and there was a loud roar, and Ash came plunging to the ground. Sara rolled her hand and a gust of wind hit Ash and instead of slamming into the ground, he gently floated down to the ground. I turned to Sara, “Take Ash and get back to the house, Than, Vang and your mother will protect him, and you’ll protect them, remember the shield trick I taught you.” Sara was about to protest when there was another loud roar, and a shade in the form of a lion came charging at us. She grabbed her twin brother and ran to the house.

I cracked my knuckles and yelled, “Bring it!” whips of lightning coming down from my wrists. I wrapped them around the beast’s front legs, and pole-vaulted it over my head. There was a loud thud and then a whimper, I turned around the see the lion struggling to get free. I pulled out my hunting knife, it glowed with a blinding blue light as I approached the shade to end its existence.  I stood over the beast and said, “Rest in Hell.” And stabbed the knife into its throat, there was a loud growl and the shade disappeared.