"REMEMBER"

11 • 03 • 2014

"Chunga-ah, we've been dating for 2 years now, and I still love you more than anything in this world."
"You better! And why are you saying such cheesy things?"
"No reason, I just wanted you to know that because maybe something might happen to one of us and I might not be able to remind you then"

She punched my arm lightly and asked, "Ji-ho, what makes you think something is going to happen to us?", "I don't know it was just a random thought but it was an important one". She giggled and placed her head on my shoulder her fingers entangled themselves in mine, impulsively I wrapped my arm around her shoulders. She felt so small pressed against me which reminded me time and time again why I needed to protect her. Her warmth spread through my body, calming my distressed nerves.

"The sky looks pretty doesn't it?" I nodded softly, "Ji-ho, don't worry. No matter what happens we're still here, next to each other. We always will be. Even if one of us dies we'll still be alive, as long as we don't forget eachother. So Ji-ho if I die, don't forget me because as long as you remember me I'll still be with you. I'll live in the memories we make, so just don't forget". I pulled closer and pecked her cheek, whispering in her ear "if I leave you won't forget me will you?", "No".

We're all we need. My world is perfect only when your there. Your ethereal beauty and that bright smile of yours completes this utopia of mine. As long as I have you, nothing in this world concerns me. Your everything to me Chunga, your like my spring after the long harsh winter. I'm glad we both didn't give up. I want to stay with you like this, staring at the sky for the rest of my life. Did you know Chunga? Your eyes sparkle everytime you get excited. Its one of the things I've noticed about you. Chunga-ah don't ever leave me, let's just stay here where nothing hurts us, where we are happy. I love you.

We sat there on the ledge, our feet dangling in the air. The cold breeze blew against us hitting our skin softly. Her pale face was flustered red from the cold, the tips of her fingers reddened. I tightened my hold on her not wanting to let go of her, afraid that if I did we would sink into the depths of our problems. "Just a little longer" I told myself. Her pitch black hair was pulled into a ponytail, stray strands framed her face. The distant lights glittered and gave a soft glow that reflected in her eyes creating a pool of warmth in her pupils.

                                   ........... Just a little longer............

(A/N note: This book is based on the sewol ferry tragedy. I've wanted to always write something for those who passed away in this tragedy. On that ferry there were around 300+ students amongst whom 245 died. 245 lost dreams and aspirations. All of them had families and loved ones. I cannot imagine the pain their families and loved ones went through. I've watched many videos and my heart grieved for those lost souls and I can only hope to convey that through my words and through my characters. To all those beautiful souls who left us "You'll always be here, through the memories you left behind, through your lives that you lived so beautifully.")
P.S this book is kind of like Ji-ho's diary