Chapter 1

"Monster Wake Up!" My Mom Screeched. I stand up and walk to the other room.

Then sign, I'm up, I'm up.

She walks up to me and smacks me, screaming "Why didn't you get dressed? Talk like a normal person you idiot!" She punches me, making my nose bleed. I run to my room and go get dressed, running out of the house.

I run to my favorite place, my park slide, and stay there crying for hours until I see people going into a funny building near my park. I went into the funny building.

Someone walked up to me when I walked in and said, "Hi, What's your name?!" I looked at her questioningly, noticing her black hair and brown eyes, and then sign What is a name?

She Snaps, "What are you making fun of me?" I violently shake my head to the negative making my hood fall. She sees my hair and eyes, my hair is naturally blood-red while my eyes are natural amber, getting a look of disgust on her face. She walks away, I pull my hood back up and keep walking looking around in the funny building.

A tall person with white hair and pink eyes walked up to me and said, "Hello, my name is Lahabiel, what is yours?"

I sign back, Name? What is a name? He responds,

" A name is what people call you." I sign back, Well then Monster is my name.

He looks sad for a moment and says, "What else do people call you little one?"

I respond, Umm... Freak, Mistake, Slave, Evil Boy, ... Oh, and Mason, when other people are at home she calls me Mason.

He says, "Is it okay if I call you Mason?" I just gently nod my head. He says, "Mason, can you talk like I am?"

I nod my head softly signing, But Daddy told me not to ever talk like that.

He responds, "Do you know why he said that?"

I sign back, He said that people would hurt me if I talked to them.

He responds "I won't, I promise."

I reply out loud quietly, "okay."

He says, "Can you come with me? I want to introduce you to someone and they won't hurt you either ."

I say quietly, "Okay." He takes me to a room with a big man with black hair and blue eyes.

The big man says, "Hello, little one who are you?"

I say, "Mason" quietly trying my best to not look at him.

He replies, "My name is Edoardo Romano, but you can call me Mr. Book.

I say quietly, "okay..."

Lahabiel says, " He needs a lollipop, Mr. Romano." Mr.Book's Eyes widen a bit then he hands me a big piece of something on a stick. Lahabiel says, "That is called a lollipop it is really sweet why don't you try it?" I try it, It's so yummy. Lahabiel says, "Can you wait outside while we talk for a minute?" I nod then go outside of the weird room to eat my lollipop.