𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟽: 𝚂𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚠𝚎?

- What's Juliet without her Romeo?... Alive! -

- Few days later, morning -

"On god I don't know how I manage this every day," Yi-soo suppressed a yawn and pulled her hoodie a bit more over her head, "Am I seriously jogging for my health or do I work away my guilt of eating another pint of yogurt..."

Despite it being early April, the early mornings were quite chilly and Yi-soo was currently on her way to the park nearby her dorm for a morning jog.

She couldn't remember when she had picked up the habit of a morning jog but, she did know it was way before college. What surprised Yi-soo and her friends even more, was the fact that she still kept this ritual despite her hectic schedule in college.

"I'll do a smaller lap today..." Yi-soo mumbled as she still had some unfinished papers left and started jogging after stretching her limbs on the nearby bench.

She slowly started jogging down her usual path and hummed along with the song playing in her ears, her pace was steady and slow but soon she would pick up her pace to really work her stamina.

After a while Yi-soo noticed the sound of steps falling along with hers, and she felt a chill go down her spine. Had some creep broken into the school grounds without anyone knowing?

Despite having walked this path up and down so many times without any problems, Yi-soo suddenly felt her heart hammer in her chest due to slight fear. If the person tried to do something she would be completely left to their mercy, as she had nothing to protect herself with.

Yi-soo purposely slowed her pace down to see if they were following her but, much to her surprise the others steps remained the same and soon she fell in step with them.

As they jogged side by side, Yi-soo was stiff as a rake and swallowed anxiously. She didn't dare look to her side but, at the same time she knew she had to.

"Come on Jeon Yi-soo, you were raised braver," She pep-talked herself and slowly but with determination, she turned her face towards the other only to gasp in surprise.

It was the usual jogger she would come across in the morning but, only now had she recognized his face and could she connect him with a name, "Mingyu?!"

The said male quickly met her gaze and softly grinned, as if he had known that she had been eating herself up on the inside due to fear, before facing forward with a concentrated expression again.

Yi-soo quickly averted her gaze and felt her ears heat up out of embarrassment, why did she jump to conclusions and not think of a fellow jogger.

Unconsciously she picked up her pace again and started getting ahead of Mingyu, who in return took this as a challenge from her side and sped up his own pace too. Yi-soo looked at him surprised, as he appeared next to her again but, when they met gazes again she finally understood his intentions, and she smiled softly.

Thus began their unspoken competition as they jogged in complete silence, yet neither of them backed down. Mingyu, who had originally wanted to do a bigger lap, followed Yi-soo's pace and was happy to see the end of the trail. Mostly because he was a bit ahead of her.

"I can't let it end like this," Yi-soo thought as her pride was at stake, and she sped up until she passed him, turned around and saluted at him sarcastically with a triumphant smirk before sprinting towards the end of the trail.