Quirkless

Beep... Beep... Beep...

'W-Where am I..'

A blinding light pierces my eyes. My chest feels heavy and I can't feel my arm.. Beep...

"Mmmgh" I hear a groan coming from my left ear. Beep...

'What was that?' My eyes adjust to the bright room and I look over to my left, attempting to find the source of the noise. Beep... A brighter color flashes me. Long and light blue hair. Why is it so familiar? Beep...

"WAHO!"

My body jolts awake and my eyesight seems fixed.

"What was that?!"

I look over to my left once more remembering the bright blue hair. This time, I was staring into the ocean..

"Izuku?"

A soothing voice called my name. Her voice cracked at my name and my chest hurt a bit. 'Who is she?'

"Are you a-actually awake?" Her voice breaking and getting hopeful.

I can't make out her face? I was staring into the ocean though.. Am I hallucinating? How am I supposed to understand what's happening?

"Say something.. Are you actually awake?" Faint hics and sobs are heard in between her words and ragged breathing.

Why can't I make a sound? I want to tell her that I'm awake. To no longer cry. Why is she crying in the first place? Did I hurt her? Who did I hurt?

"I-I'm s-sorry I-Izuku.." Full on crying now, she was barely able to get those three words out of her mouth.

"Why a-are you crying..." I said to her in a faint voice.

She kept crying and I couldn't do anything. My body felt heavy and I could only look towards the ceiling. What happened to me?

My breathing gets heavier.

Why is she crying?? What is wrong with me?? Why am I here??!

Heavier.

Did I hurt her?!? Why am I even alive?!? I should've done it when I had the chance!

Heavier.

I couldn't hear the girl crying anymore but I saw a streak of blue run out of the room in a panicked way.

My eyes closed and I fell back into darkness.

.................

Screaming and fear. The sounds of people screaming for their lives out of fear. It never failed to shake me or leave me simple. I couldn't deal with the thought of those people leaving the world like that. Their last moments are of fear. I wished that I could do something to make that feeling disappear and make them happy once more. Reality is often cruel.

"Sorry kid, you won't manifest a quirk."

Quirkless. That's funny. Heroes could always save people, so why couldn't I?

"He's quirkless? What a weirdo! Hahahaha!"

Shunned for something out of my control. No one asking how I feel. I want to save people.

"Izuku, did you find out what your quirk is?!"

I'm sorry Kacchan. Our dreams of being a hero duo got shut down because of my useless nature.

"You won't manifest a quirk? Does that mean you're quirkless?"

Call me a weirdo or useless, I know I am kacchan.

"So what?"

Huh?

"Quirk or not. Heroes aren't always defined by their quirks and rather, well their heroism. Like All Might who is seen as a symbol of peace because of his smile!"

Is this really alright?

.................

'What was that dream..?'

"He's awake... He's awake!!"

I open my eyes and have them adjust to the light. A hospital room? Who was that screaming?

*BAM*

I look over to the door. An ocean barged in. Her hair was light blue and long, her face was slim but round like Mochi. Her eyes.. they were like staring into the ocean. They were a dark blue with a some lighter blue highlighting it. The edges of her eyes had bags and were red and puffy.

"You're awake!" The girl said.

"Y-Yeah, I am awake.. Uhm, w-who are you?" She seemed awfully familiar but I couldn't remember where from.

"Nejire Hado, I-I a-assumed you wouldn't remember me." Nejire Hado? I don't remember hearing a name like that but she's so familiar.

"S-So what are you doing here Hado-san?" I still was trying to wrap my head around all of this.

"I wanted to thank you Izuku. You saved my life." She said with bright smile that radiated through the room.

Huh? I saved her? Didn't I make her cry earlier? Why is she thanking me?

"U-Uhm what do you mean Hado-san?" I tried my best to remember everything before I blacked out but my mind was blank.

"So you don't remember?" I looked at her confused as she sighed and sat down in a chair next to the bed.

*Flashback start*

Nejire POV

'It's such a calm day today!'

Maybe I should get some ice cream from that one shop in the city? Of course!

"Mmmhmmhmmmhmhmmh" I should get some mint chocolate chip, it was always my favorite!

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" My body turned pale, what was that scream? I turned around and quickly scanned the area and saw a huge cloud of smoke come from a cluster of buildings. I quickly ran over and saw a big piece of slime in an alleyway.

"Someone help! Please! Hero!? Someone!?" What was there to help? It was just a huge piece of slime.

.....

'I can't breathe...' What's happening to me?

"HaHAhaha! I caught a good one heroes!"

"Someone come help this girl!"

'What are they doing..? Why isn't one of them going to help me? Why are they asking other people to do the work for them...? Am I going to die...?'

.....

"Hey kid! What are you doing?!" My eyes shot open and I see a boy with dark green messy hair running towards me.

'A hero?'

____________________

A/N: I'm rewriting this story since I wrote it nearly four years ago and low-key, I can cook now compared to how bad it was before. Either way, this is just a quick introductory chapter before I keep writing out the rest of the book and I hope it is enjoyed.