gone rogue

A/N: This is my submission for the writing challenge held by LilyHemsworth. She is such a nice girl and I really appreciate her creating this for people like me. I couldn't stop myself from using this prompt, Bucky Barnes is my fave and so of course I chose him to write it for! I hope you enjoy!

Pairing: Bucky Barnes x Teen!Reader

Warning(s): None

Word Count: 650

Prompt: "This wouldn't have happened if you just listened to me!"

Bucky was the father figure you never had growing up. When The Avengers took you under their wing, Bucky made sure that you were always protected. He helped you with training and taught you the many combat moves that you use this day. It was no doubt that Bucky loved you like a daughter and you definitely loved him like a father. Although your relationship seemed perfect to everyone who watched you two, there were some bumpy roads within it.

One of them was your stubbornness with Bucky and his uptight rules. At least you thought they were uptight. Bucky thought it was necessary for your safety, but you always felt useless whenever you were on a mission with him. He would command you to stay put and keep an eye out. You were practically missing all of the action and that made things boring. Today was another mission that you were sent with Bucky.

You were originally sent to help Bucky with the weapons and hauling them into the building.  Bucky was supposed to watch over you and make sure you didn't do anything stupid, but the second you were out of his sight, that was when you took that opportunity. You went against his rules of staying put and caught a man sneaking into the building. He seemed extremely suspicious and a feeling in your gut was to follow him.

You glanced at Bucky who was distracted by talking to Steve. You sighed to yourself and slowly lowered yourself down. You knew you looked dorky, but you stayed low and began to sneak your way toward the building, following behind the suspicious looking man.

"Alright, now that we have all of this, [Y/N], I'm going to need you to—" bucky paused as he noticed that you weren't with him any longer. Bucky exhaled deeply. "Where did [Y/N]?" he asked through clenched teeth. Bucky's eyes fluttered shut as he answered his own question. "She followed someone into the building didn't he?" 

Steve nodded and pointed ahead of them as Bucky said his last sentence. He snapped his eyes to the side to see you barging through the door of the building and running out, you weren't alone though. You had ten other men running after you, and no doubt, they were shooting at you. Bucky shouted out to Steve and the other men to start to fight back. Bucky ran past everyone else and toward you.

You had a limp, which immediately worried Bucky. As soon as you made eye contact with him, your eyes widened. You turned around from him as he approached you.

"[Y/N]! What the hell were you thinking!" bucky screamed, running up to you and swiftly picking you up off the ground. You wrapped your arms around his neck as he started to run back to vehicle, Steve protecting you both with his shield. "This wouldn't have happened if you just listened to me!"

"I know!" you shouted, burying your face into his chest. "I'm sorry! I didn't think they would catch me so soon."

Bucky held you close as you made it to the vehicle. Steve pulled the door open and Bucky tossed you inside. You busted your ankle badly, and Bucky wasn't very happy about it. Bucky turned around, his brown hair falling into his eyes. He blew away the strands of hair and saw that your side had officially won. Steve volunteered to drive and hopped into the drivers seat. Bucky shoved himself in the back beside you. He turned you and made you prop your leg onto his lap.

"Promise me you won't go rogue again [Y/N]?" bucky asked calmly, looking at your now swelling ankle. "I don't like seeing you getting hurt like that."

"I promise Buck," you promised, lowering your eyes. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine [Y/N]," bucky said, sighing heavily afterwards. "I forgive you."