Chapter 1 The move

My stomach clenches as I remember why I was here. Fulfilling so many kids dream and my nightmare. We load off the plane first and head down and grab our luggage. As my phone was now dead I had to actually listen to my parents once we got into the car. I stare out into the city and try to block them out. We get to the hotel where we were staying and I go to my separate room from my parents and put all my luggage away and plug in my phone.

I pull out my journal and quickly vent out all of my frustration before plugging in my echo dot and turning my music back on. My phone powers on and I check my messages seeing a lot of texts of my friends planning what they were gunna do now that joe was back and I had a few texts of people asking me where I was and some others asking why I didn't tell anyone I was leaving.

I respond to Hannah telling her that I was gone for the week and that I'd be back soon and then quickly drop out of the new group chat with joe. About thirty minutes later I get a spam of texts from people asking why I dropped the chat I sigh but respond to my boyfriend  explaining that I won't be in town all week and I don't want my phone going off all the time with notifications for the chat.

After I called my bf and just talked to him for a couple hours until it was about 2am my time and 7pm his. He goes to eat dinner and I crash for the night. I wake up with a groan as my alarm goes off. I glance at the clock and see it's 8:30am. I groan and get up to go shower. I change into black ripped jeans, a red crop top, I curl my hair and then pull it into a half up hair do and then do make up with a Smokey eye look and red lipstick.

I put up in my combat boots, grab my bag, phone, and room key and head to my parents room. I open the door with my key to their room and see them still asleep. I sigh, grab my step-moms credit card and leave to get breakfast. I head out of the hotel and head down to the pier and go to a restaurant that I heard was good from research. I get French toast and eggs and bacon and sit out in the deck looking out towards the eye of London.

They being give my food and I thank them and start eating. My phone rings and I glance at it seeing it was Hannah. I note that it was 2am her time and quickly answer. "Hey girl what's up?" I ask. "Not much i just haven't heard much from you and i wanted to call. i didn't think you'd be awake tho." she replies. "oh well i'm on vacation and my parents aren't letting me on my phone much sorry hun. i miss you tho i promise to call more often. and it's 6am here so i'm out getting breakfast already."

"haha oh dang where are you anyway?" "i'm in New York for the month with my dad" "NO WAY really? i actually fly down there next week maybe we could find each other." "ya totally should try at least i'll have to ask my dad tho" as i finish replying a waiter comes up to me. "sorry to interrupt ma'am but i was wondering if there was anything else we could get for you today?" "i'll take your most famous sweetest frap and some more eggs please" i reply covering the mic on my phone.

"of course ma'am i'll bring that right out" he responds giving me a small bow and heading away. i stifle a sigh as it appears people had already realized who i was. "sorry about that hun." i say to hannah bringing the phone back to my ear. "your all good. it's good to know your eating" "you better be eating too" she just laughs a little "even out of town  you manage to take care of me" i just chuckle.

we talk a little more and she fills me in on her and soren. after a while i'm brought my order and i thank them before ending the call with hannah so she could go to bed. i finish up my breakfast and then head down to the pier. sighing i sitting down on one of the benches and watch some boats pass. after awhile i get up and walk over to a vendor selling bread for the birds and ask for directions to big ben. i set off in the direction he pointed and after walking about two hours i finally find a map.

i walk about another hour when i get a phone call. i check my phone and see tyler calling me. sighing i pull away from the road and answer. "Hey love" i say forcing my voice to sound cheerful. "Hey beautiful, where are you?" he says. "I'm in new york with family. why something up?" i ask "ya you're suppose to meet me at our spot today to celebrate our year anniversary" he says with an obvious pout in his tone.

"shit" i mutter "i'm so sorry love i totally forgot and this was a very spur of the moment vacay" i say pouting back. "it's ok gorgeous, just have fun with your family we can celebrate afterwards" he says. "i promise i'll make it up to you love" i say "i love you i have to go" "be safe beautiful" he responds "i love you too". sighing i hang up the phone and groan.

i quickly walk the rest of the way to big ben and make it onto a tour. when in finally get down it's about 1:00 so i find a cafe to get lunch at. after lunch i walk back to the hotel and crash on the bed turning on netflix. i watch sad romances until about 5:30 when hannah calls me again.

"Hey hun!" i say faking my voice to sound as cheerful as possible. "Hey girl!" she says back brightly. "dang girl you have a lot of energy for this early in the morning." i say with a small laugh. "well i mean i woke up to some good news" "oh ya what's that?" "i'm going on a trip! i'm spending the next month in Europe! just traveling" "No way really that sounds like so much fun!"

"ya and i'm making a stop in London for a couple days i'm trying to see if i can convince my parents to let you come with." i freeze for a moment at that. "that sounds like a lot of fun but hun you know i'm in new york, plus my mum would never let me travel with you alone" i inwardly cringe at having to you my mum as an excuse when i knew my step-mum wouldn't care.

"i guess you're right but you should try to talk to them we leave june 1st! how is your mum doing anyway? i haven't heard much from her" i bite my lip to stop myself from crying or screaming "she's doing good" i say managing to lie through my teeth. "well i've got to go hun, soren just got here but i'll call you later alright!" "haha alright bye hun luv ya". the minute she hangs up i sigh with relief and bury my head in the pillow next to me.