Chapter 13 (?)

Twiggy's P.O.V:

I stared at the ceiling as I lay in bed, reflecting on my feelings. I clutched my Metallica CD in my hands, dancing my fingers thoughtfully around the edges.

Maybe I was being too hard on Pogo. I searched through my memories, replaying the moment he had kissed me. The first and only time he has. He was drunk, so im not sure if it really counts, but it felt real. His lips were so soft, I'm not sure there's anything I wouldn't do to kiss him again.

I sighed angrily at what I'd just admitted to myself. I still love him.

I turned over slightly and picked up Pogo's note from my bedside table. I studied the letter's edges closely. One side looked like it had been ripped, maybe there had originally been more to this note? I propped myself up and gazed around my room, scanning the floor for another piece to my puzzle, but I saw nothing. Curiosity stabbed at me to find the possible other half of Pogo's letter, but chances were it didn't even exist.

I frowned in thought and put my hands on my neck, but quickly pulled it away as a stinging pain shot through me.

Tears formed in my eyes as I remembered what caused the pain in my neck. What am I thinking? He's a monster.

I put down the note and wiped away my tears before shuffling off my bed and over to my bedroom door. I sniffled and let tears stream down my cheeks as I pushed open the door, peeking out to make sure nobody was in the hall to see me like this. The area was clear, so I stepped out of my room and made my way to the bathroom. I could hear Zim, Marilyn and Ginger talking happily from the living room, but there was no hint of Pogo's voice, which was disappointing. I found his voice comforting, and I was a wreck right now, relaxing wouldn't be a bad thing. I closed the door behind me as I made it to the bathroom, glancing at the clock on the wall as I entered to see it was currently 11pm.

I stared into the mirror and cried, praying nobody could hear me. All these contradictory feelings were messing with my head. Do I love him, or do I hate him? Do I need him, or does he need me?

I jumped in fright as there was a sudden loud knock on the door. I wiped tears from my face, paranoid that my crying had been heard.

"What is it?" I croaked through to the other side of the door.

My heart sank as I heard Pogo answer.

"Dude... Fuck, are you crying?"

It wasn't the fact it was Pogo that was upsetting me, it was because he sounded drunk out of his mind. Somehow, Pogo had gotten a hold of some alcohol, despite the fact he was supposed to stop drinking. At first I didn't care, but for some reason my feelings for him have returned, stomping out my feelings for him was never a permanent solution, Although I had managed to hate him for a while. Guilt flooded through me as I realised how much of an asshole I was to him. He really does need us.

"Have you been drinking again?" I asked, not answering his question.

There was an awkward silence before he slowly answered.

"N-... No" he denied.

I started crying again the second the words escaped his lips. Why was he lying to me?

The more I thought about it, the more upset I became. He doesn't love me, and I was an idiot to think so. All he wants in life is alcohol and blood. He doesn't trust me. I'm not his friend. If he trusted me, he would admit he was drunk. And if he doesn't trust me, why would he like me?

"Hey, don't... Don't cry please" he slurred awkwardly from the other side of the door.

"I thought I told you to leave me alone!" I sobbed in return.