chapter one. JD/DM

x Chapter one. x

“Jorel, have you got to go?”
“You’re lovely, and I’d love to see you again soon sometime, but—it’s complicated…We’re going on tour, today. So I won’t be around for a long time, and I know you’re going home in a few days…So this is goodbye, I guess. I’m sorry.”
“What did you say your band was called again?”
“Hollywood Undead.”
“I don’t think I’ve ever heard of them…Can I call you, whilst you’re on tour? I don’t want this to be just it.”
“It’s out first world tour, so we aren’t that famous yet, but we will be – and hold on. Give me your hand.” Jorel took the girls hand, and scribbled the phone number for the local takeaway onto it. “It’s a work number – my managers…He’ll put you through to me.”
“Why can’t I have your number?”
“You’re sweet, but I don’t want to risk my number getting out.”

“Okay, I’ll call!” Jorel tried not to laugh. “Can I see you…When you get back?”
“Don’t know how long I’ll be gone for…But I’ll definitely make time for you. Don’t forget to hit me up, Ally.”
“It’s Abby.”
Jorel paused. “That’s what I said.” A taxi pulled up on the curb nearby, obviously waiting for another person. The Italian decided to use this as his getaway. “That’s my taxi to the airport. It’s been a blast, Ally.” He said the wrong name on purpose. The girl frowned, unimpressed, but leaned forward to give him a quick peck on the lips, but before she could, Jorel slid to the side and leapt for the taxi, jumping in the backseat. Outside, the girl waved and blew him a kiss. He physically groaned. “Hollywood Boulevard, make it quick, thanks bud.” The taxi pulled away just as the person due to take it arrived. The Italian sighed, relaxing back into the seat. He pulled out his phone and dialled his best friend, George.

“You didn’t give her my number, did you?” Was the first thing Jorel heard down the other end of the line.
“Not this time no, I scribbled down the number of that burger place near Jordon’s.”
“Poor girl…But at least I won’t have any crazy bitches calling my cell at 4am wanting phone sex, thinking it was you…That was an interesting night you fuck.”
“It was funny as shit.” Jorel argued, gaining a frown from the taxi driver when he spoke a little too loudly.
“My girl over heard and I had to sleep on the sofa for a week. Funny.”
“Don’t worry, this one wasn’t a psycho, just whipped, she was thirsty as hell…Deliberately got her name wrong and the girl still tried to go in for a goodbye kiss.”
“Just like all of the others so there’s no surprises. I’m pretty sure all tourists that go home from L.A. are talking about their amazing week with you, and how they’ll never see you again…There back at home with their boring lives and boring husbands or wives secretly looking your name up on facebook and dreaming about you every night. You’ve racked up quite a number , I’ll buy you a beer to celebrate.”
“Buy me 3, especially after putting up with this last one for so long, and you know, it’s just how I like it. No commitment, no worrying, it’s the ideal life.”
“As much as I admire that, J…One day, you’ll meet someone  - guy or girl, and you’ll show them such a good time, they’ll stay, and then you’ll go and break someone’s heart or get tied down with this person.”
“Please, Georgie, don’t ruin this for me.” Jorel smirked. Despite the fact that he was joking, it was the one thing he truly dreaded the most. He didn’t do commitment, never had done, and never would do. He had made a pact a long time ago not to get into any kind of proper relationship, not with any guy or girl. He didn’t believe he could get attached to anybody, not since his high school years and it was true he didn’t want some lovesick guy or girl glued to him. So Jorel often hooked up with tourists and people he’d (hopefully) never meet again, had a good time, then made up some excuse as to why he couldn’t see them again. He usually used the ‘we’re on a world tour’ excuse. He was in fact, along with George and their friend Jordon, in a local band called Hollywood Undead. It was early days, but they had a record label finally and had already started recording. So in reality, it wasn’t as big of a lie. 
“Just watch it is all I’m saying, I mean, I’m jealous as fuck but some naïve little girl or boy could end up falling for you.”
“You’re making me want to hurl, don’t say things like that!” Jorel half-joked. He could sense his friend’s eye-roll through the phone. “Look, I’m coming up to Hollywood Boulevard now, meet at the usual place?”
“It’s only 2, but fuck it, I could use a drink. I’ll see you there.”
“Call Jordon.” Jorel hung up the phone just as the taxi pulled up by the side of the pavement. He paid the driver,who shot him a glare, and hopped out and began walking down the street.