The wish

A time in autumn, at the out-skirt of town, in the green copse filled with bouquet of many beautiful colors. In my wine colored three-piece suit, I waited for my love under an oak tree. It was twilight, when the sky was appearing blue and where the tweeting of the birds was euphonious. I stretched my hands, allowing my heart to feel the tranquility of the breeze, while my mind resolved like the settlement of a starfish in the Antarctic sea floor.

I was deeply lost in the calmness of the ravishing moment until my eyes spotted my lady from afar and she was running cheerfully towards me, while her dress was surrendering to the will of the breeze. Like Christmas she appeared in an astounding green gown, the smile on her face was charming like a Quokka, and her lips was naturally pink with an attractive dimples on her cheek. Her eyes was brown and her gait was flawless, and she was more like a Cleopatra with an irrestitible attributes like that of the fairy.

She was like the blossom of an Eid, the first sprout of a summer rain and the pink blush of the winter cheek.
She hugged me and my lips was locked in hers, and we had our usual French kiss. I cuddled her from behind while her body was buried in my arms and my head rested on her shoulder, and we watched the astonishing demeanor of the nature.

In the copse we took a stroll during the shy radiance of the evening, and with a smile on her face she pointed at the mountain from afar. She told me, she wished for nothing more, than standing on the top of it while she capture the glamorous sight of the moon.
A bit weird of a wish I thought cause no one ever climbed the mountain before, and crazy as it was, i was willing take the risk for her.

From dawn to dusk we stayed in the grove having the best moments of our lives. The plays, the pretty kisses, the stolen touches and the limerences, I wish that doesnt have to end. Our love was like the purity of the dawn and in the warmth of my heart do I cradled her. it's been eight months before it started all over again, I thought we wouldn't made it far just like the lovers I have lost but she was the name in my diary and the melody in my songs.

Not her sheer beauty, nor the luminous faces, nor the words of love and the intoxicating smile of hers, I have been around the circle of love but I never found someone like her.

Days long, sun and night, yet never do we realize its been six months, and we were this perfect for each other. She was everything to me and seem like the little pieces of my heart finally collide. I didn't bother asking life for much and everything I have ever wanted was right there in my arms. At night, at the garden behind her house, we will sit together on a bench, and watch the fireflies glows like a thousand climbing stars and in my arms did she wanted to dream forever.

With her I was alive and everyday and everything seems right until the day our love goes wrong. On a cold winter night, I took her to the mountain to witness the alluring sight of the moon while it rises among the stars. What an engrossing thing to see and she was amazed by the beauty of it. We stood at the cliff of the mountain while she stretched her hands to the solemn breeze, and she smiled to the delightfulness of the night.

A moment she have always wished for, where the pains and throes of the heart would be lost to the wind. Locking my hands with hers, and nothing beats the comfort of having her around. This time she was willing  to put an end to the nightmares from her ex-lovers, and I was the man she have always wished for.Suddenly westerlies started blowing across the mountain, an August visitor it seems, we weren't expecting the harshness of the mountain wind, and we were both lost in the beautiful moments.

It was too heavy to claim us a stand and we tried to escape from it's wrath. I gripped my lover wrist and we ran swiftly as we could to save ourselves from it, but it caught-up on us and we were left helpless. My lover was carried away by the heavy wind, and she fell from the cliff of the mountain. I screamed and stretched my hands to have a grip of her, but the wind was too strong and helplessly I watched my lover as she fell down into the cold sea.

Tears filled my saddened face and my cries echoes across the breadth of the mountain. I wished I never took her to the mountain and my heart was filled with poignancy. I jumped down furiously and swiftly, wanting to save my lover from the fright of the night, I remember she never learnt how to swim so I was so distraught because the cold from the sea must have nearly kill her.

I dived deeply without minding the coldness, and for her I would have died a thousand times. I never bothered about how freezing it might be for me as I keep swimming down while my lover was deeply sinking. In the middle of the sea she was, while her blue gown was surrendering to the will of the wave.
I dragged my lover out from the sea but it was too late, and in my arms did she laid breathless. My heart was shattered while my mind was filled with sorrow, and I took my lover to the oak tree, where our love seems fulfilling. In her hand was a necklace, she had told me it belongs to her late mother and she would only give it to the man who she choose to spend the rest of her life with.

That night she was hoping to let me steal her eternity, and like a broken sail in a storm, and I was just a half of a whole. I was freezing to death and my pains was extreme, so I didnt bother trying to save myself from the wrath of the cold. I cried and I wish I can go back to autumn, to the time when life feel so simple and to place where my lover was waiting for me. While my heart is almost defeated by the cold, I buried her under the tree, and beside her I took my last breath.

Olamilekanwrites