7. Tied and Bound

Chapter seven: Tied and Bound

Lia watched as the witch sat on her brother's bed

Lia watched as the witch sat on her brother's bed. Jeongguk is past asleep to even feel his surrounding, and the mystical visitor of their home.

The witch's pale and slender fingers gently remove the hair out of her brother's forehead.
Lia have no idea but the way the man caress the faint mark on her brother... brought fear to her.

The way the man's lips twitch with visible disappointment and anger is enough for her to know that she fcked up.

Everything is taking a worst turn.

"It's my mark." And those words ring inside her head.

The witch's eyes flickered to her. Deep brooding gaze intimidates her.
His velvety robe cover him and the hood perfectly hides his beauty but never his dangerous eyes.

"Y-Your mark?" Lia's lips trembled.

She don't know what to feel. But fear starts creeping in in her system. Slowly swallowing her whole.

She couldn't help but blame herself.

This is her fault! If only she did not stole from the witch's garden! If only she did not let her brother drink those herbs! If only...

But if she did not... will Jeongguk still be around by then?

She grimaced at the thought of losing her brother.

No... She can't have that happen. She won't let that happen.

And if she ever needs to steal again for him to stay alive, she will do so—without hesitation.

I won't lose my Gukkie...

"My herbs were grown with magic, human." The witch stand. His lean and firm body blocked the moon's light from the window.
"Those herbs were made especially for potions. Not for mortals like you." His stern voiced muttered.

Lia looks down on his feet.

"W-What would happen now?" She asked. Voice sounding weak and alarmed.

"Sooner or later the villagers will notice the changes in your brother... And I can't promise you they'll be good."

That brought fear to Lia.

She eyed the man. Tears almost falling out of her eyes.

She's scared.
So scared.
Not for her but for the young boy. For her Gukkie.

The witch sighed.

"Good luck by then." That was his last word before he disappeared into the forest. Leaving the troubled Lia to face her problems alone.

Days surely passed faster like a brisk of wind.
And the day Lia dreaded the most is finally happening.

It was dusk, she and Jeongguk are at the mouth of the forest, picking wild berries and dried tree barks when—