Prologue

My name is Gina and I am going to be a freshman in Grimoire High School. No, we don't learn anything about spells and magic, it's just called that. I have no idea why though. Anyways, I just want to give a quick background of myself.

I am Filipino, Hawaiian, and Japanese, but my Filipino side is more obvious than my Hawaiian and Japanese side. I have an older brother named Jason who is a senior at Grimoire High School and a younger sister named Jenny who is a sixth grader at Labyrinth Middle School. No, it's not a maze school. The area we live in just has bizarre names for schools. But, let's go a little into my past.

In second grade, I moved from Manila, Philippines to California, United States. It was a big change for me because I had to leave behind all my friends and close family members. All my cousins from my mom's side were living in the Philippines, while the cousin's on my dad's side lived in Australia. I'm not too close with my cousins on my dad's side though because they were all grown adults already, but I can still get along with them.

I transferred to Sun Valley Elementary School and the rest of my second grade year was awful. For some reason, I became anti-social and wasn't able to make any friends. My classmates would look at me and call me 'dumb' or 'lonely' and they would just hurt my feelings just because I was the new girl.

That passed and third grade came along. One day during recess, I was crying in the corner of the play structure because I still haven't been able to make any friends. Then a little boy sat down next to me and gave me an acorn that he found on the ground.

He introduced himself and said, "Hi! I'm Will and I saw you crying, so I wanted to comfort you. I just turned eight years old a month ago. I'm actually new this year, so I wanted to see if I can make a friend. This acorn is a token of our friendship okay?"

Right there, I found out that he was five months older than me and that he loved to play with Hot Wheels cars.

From then on, we became closer and closer. Eventually, our parents met each other and they also became the best of friends. Will and I grew up together and constantly saw each other at school everyday. Once we were in middle school, our parents permitted us to walk to school together, so we could keep each other company. We made friends in school which formed into a group.

Now, our group of friends are going to be going to Grimoire High. School doesn't start until next week. So we are all really excited for what's to come.