Wicked Game

She watches him rolling up the sleeves very slowly - too slowly - as he looks at her in a way... there are not enough words in her vocabulary to describe his gaze. Or his hands. Or the way his shirt fits his torso so perfectly.

But what is he doing?

Serkan made himself clear in the morning they will avoid each other as much as they can. He reminded her this is only a game, that he hates having people around. He was moody and annoyed by the idea of having somebody else in his house every single day. Especially her because she always finds a way to push his buttons: embarrassing him in front of everyone, talking and laughing with Kaan, making scenes every time he points out her mistakes.

And he is wondering why she thinks he is the bad guy.

"What are you doing?" She asks as she sees him stepping closer to her. Like really close. So close she can read the text of his tattoo without effort.

It's a dangerous kind of close.

So dangerous.

Really dangerous.

"What am I doing, Eda Yıldız?" He asks back softly, almost whispering her name. He is right in front of her, on the other side of the table, with his sleeves rolled up completely, subtly smirking and eyeing her up shamelessly.

She is still dressed in the light blue dress she had on at work, but she has her hair in a ponytail now. A ponytail that accentuates her neck and her collarbone perfectly.

"Talking." Her remark only makes him shake his head.

"I'm trying to be polite to my dear fake fiancée."

"If I didn't know you better, I might start believing you have a heart. I thought you hate being around people. Especially me."

He puts his elbows on the table and folds his hands, leaning slightly toward Eda. It looks like an intimate gesture, and she almost reminds him of the contract, but then she realizes he's trying to intimidate her in a way. He's trying to use his charm to make her say or do something.

He's going down!

"What do you want? You can't make my day any worse, but go ahead: try!" She leans slightly, too, showing him she won't let him play his game.

Serkan Bolat doesn't have any power over her. She won't let him!

"What do you mean?"

"Why do you care?"

"If someone... I mean, as your fiance, if somebody makes you uncomfortable I should know." He takes a deep breath before continuing. "People know I wouldn't allow-"

Eda laughs sarcastically, clapping a few times as well. "Allow! Wow! You really think very highly of you, Mr. Serkan. I really don't know how your back can carry your ego."

"Eda!" He warns her as he moves back... like somebody's just slapped him.

"But yes, you were right: Selin is jealous of me. She is jealous enough to try to intimidate me. I can totally see why your mother likes her so much: they are the same! Well, at least your mom is more straightforward."

Selin.

Selin trying to intimidate somebody.

Trying to intimidate Eda.

E-D-A.

Serkan wants to laugh so loud. Really loud.

"Also, did you know she's been following me?"