I Was to Lazy to Break it up into Chapters

Finally, today is the day, I've gratefully made it to New York after my long journey from Nevis. Although I continuously ponder how I managed to live through the horrid hurricane that has recently left Nevis. It has been quite the challenge staying alive even before the recent event of the storm. Since my mother and father were never married, my life was hard enough being thought of as illegitimate almost everywhere I went and it was no help when my father left us, yet even still I wonder why he chose to be with my mother, he is from Scottish noble blood after all. Sadly, with it being now only me, my mother Racheal, and my brother James, life worsened when me and my mother fell ill, one night my mother had sadly passed away while I managed to get better.

Now me and my poor brother James and I were orphans, luckily our aunt and uncle took us in while I found work as a clerk at a market, eventually our elder half-brother Peter found out our mother died and he came and took all the money she left us, Me and James could do nothing to stop him he was of age to take it all. After that I started writing my father who had left for the colonies and during the storm, I would write him about what the storm was like and he would show the letters to his town paper and they would publish them as news of the storms damage. Soon after they started publishing them and the storm reached a calm people were starting to come to visit Nevis and they bought copies of the papers with my letters in them. When people in Nevis read them, they decided to raise funds to send me to where I stand now New York while my older brother stays behind in Nevis. Now I can wear the name Alexander Hamilton with pride.

I feel as though I have conquered all challenges as I walk down the ramp out and off the ship. Yet I am suddenly flooded with drive and a need to prove myself to the world, but where shall I start. Maybe I could get my education or I could go straight to the revolution, but what college would I go to and who shall I serve under. Anyway, I mustn't waste time I shall start with socializing in the local bar, as I walk in, I see a group of men all sitting and enjoying drinks, but one stands out to me the most. A tall, slender man with a rather fair complexion and lighter hair almost completely shaved off and I will never forget his piercing blue eyes, as we made eye contact, I could feel my face redden and heat up as his was reddening too. As I looked at him, I felt my heart racing and a fluttering in my stomach, I can't take my attention or eyes away from him as it seemed he feels the same sensation running through him. He walks up to me and ask me to join the group as we introduce our selves and he tells me his name is John Laurens.

Once we sit at the table some of the group leaves, now it's just me John and two others who too wish to join the revolution. They are a French man named Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier de Lafayette but is called Lafayette, and a British man named Hercules Mulligan but people call him Herc. We each start sharing our goals with each other, Lafayette's' goal is to rid France of the monarchy, Herc's goal is to assist however he can because he would much rather help than make clothes, and Johns' goal is to lead the first black battalion and end slavery, Which I admire ever so much. I hope to assist him in his efforts to free slaves for once and for all, this will not be only a revolution for the colonist but for all and end with freedom for all, I'm not giving up my shot to fight.

The morning is foggy as me, Laurens, Herc, and Lafayette stand in line along other soldiers in 2 lines wait to finally see our general, "Here comes general Washington, salute.". I can't believe I'm fighting with general George Washington; He is one of the best generals in the world right now. "Now listen here boys, we are at war with England and the king" Washington is exclaiming from the platform, "This will certainly not be easy as over half my army has already fled, now I need to know you boys wont retreat.". "I'm going to need a right hand man." as soon as Washington said that I knew I would be me, "now I'm going to assign you your bunks" he paused and scanned the crowd" he starts assigning bunks and my mind drifts elsewhere when I suddenly here him call out my name "Hamilton you will bunk with Latinate John Laurens." me and Laurens manage to find each other's eyes in the crowd paralyzed by the fact that we must bunk alone together. although we have requited feeling for one another we know it would be frowned upon if anything were to happen between us.