Alone in the Shadows

Terror consumed Izuku Midoriya. One false move, and he had found himself in an inescapable situation. One mistake, a single miscalculation, and the entirety of his career would end. Has ended. It was clear these were his final moments, staring helplessly into the crazed eyes of the villain who loomed over him.

He had nothing left. Not even the bones in his limbs.

"You admittedly fought well... for one as young as yourself," the villain chirped. "I do admire your drive. But sheer drive will not get you where you want, no no no. You need luck." He took short steps around Deku, biding his sweet time and ensuring fear was the last emotion the to-be hero was ever to know. "It's a shame, really. Who would have known? The prodigy, All Might's successor, to be stripped of his worth by a hoodlum? That's what they'll call me, anyway. You just happened to exist in general area I was. Isn't that something? How luck works? Or, in your case, the lack of it."

Movement was impossible. Deku searched frantically for an opening, a method of escape, but the villain was not simply handing any over. As the villain continued monologuing, the sense of defeat and terror only grew stronger. This was it, then. His final moments.

"...though in my case, I've found luck to be more on my side. It's always a gamble, though, you know? You never really know. But you do know your odds, and that's what you count on. Or, uh, me, what I count on." He paused. He drew in a deep, refreshing breath and glanced back down at the frail Izuku. With a light chuckle, he knelt beside the child and grinned, bringing his lips close to the to-be hero's ear.

"Best of luck to you in the future, friend." Deku watched the villain draw his pistol. The silvery muzzle glinted in the moonlight in an almost beautiful fashion, if it weren't a deadly weapon. Deku clenched his eyes shut, waiting, listening for the muzzle flash. He was not disappointed. But instead of a coat of darkness or pearly gates of heaven, he felt force against his left shoulder. It took a moment for his brain to register what had happened, and even then he didn't quite believe it.

"Oh, damn. Lucky break, eh?" The villain quipped from Deku's right side. "Guess the dice favored you, now. Maybe not in a few seconds, but, uh, we'll see. I can talk for a little while longer."

That's right! The villain's Quirk left everything up to chance. The small chance that he'd miss had been chosen! Deku flipped his eyes open and scanned for another opening. The villain was searching his pockets presumably for more ammunition, and thus he was distracted. The to-be hero's eyes darted in every possible direction, for the single opportunity that could preserve his life.

"I don't know how much ammo I've got, that's left to chance... zero to... infinity, I guess? You just hold on a little while longer, I need to find myself a lucky charm."

Still, Deku wondered what had become of Todoroki and the rest of his classmates. Chances are, they are still very much alive. Deku had seen the villain mercilessly slaughter two pro-heroes and five students from a school in Hosu, though what he didn't see could very well be the worst possible scenario.

"Oh, yes. Here we are. A rabbit's foot! Conveniently found just a few yards away. What are the odds?"

What were the odds?  That is a very good question. Deku found himself questioning the chances of such an occurrence. He looked at himself, but... not quite. The odds of an alternate universe somehow overlapping onto his own and with zero drawbacks was quite unheard of, frankly, near impossible. But here he was. Femboy Midoriya, in all his glory.

Deku's eyes began to water. They formed not tears of sadness, not of joy. But of love. Because that, my dear friends, is how this works.