¶Touch Of Reality¶

Touch Of Reality

All rights reserved ©

2020.

¶ s u m m a r y ¶

"I don't want anything to do with you!" I screamed, wiping away the tears I didn't know had ran down my cheeks.

"Yeah, is that so? Then why'd you come back to me Latoya?" he scowled grabbing my elbow and blowing the smoke from his cigarette onto my face.

"I didn't come back to you! I needed your help and moreover I left home to start afresh. Nobody wants a douche like yo..." a painful grip around my neck cut my sentence short, causing more tears to ran down heavily but that didn't make me flinch nor did I utter a word.

"You drive me fucking nuts ya' know that?! I wish you died that same night with your brother." He scoffed, his other hand gripping his hair roughly in an all too familiar way. One in which seemed to often happen around me.

Laughing coldly whilst sending and icy glare at him, I replied, "atleast I still have my family and know I'm actually loved by people."

With that said, the rage in his eyes were evident and I was certain mine too mimicked the same. Letting go of my neck, he came just close enough till our foreheads were nearly touching. Both of us glared at each other, not backing down without a fight.
×
Latoya .M. Sykes, fearful and independent at only 21 and the last born in a family of three. After witnessing her brother getting murdered she decided to leave everything and everyone behind without saying goodbye and start a brand new life, one where she could completely forget all about her past and worries. Five years later she receives an anonymous call from her brother's murderer forcing her to return back to the place she thought was buried away and forgetten.
As Latoya is forced to go back, secrets are unveiled, sparks reunite and she soon discovers that you can't run away from your demons especially those that haunt you no matter where you go.
×

n o t e ¶

All rights reserved.
All characters are either the use of the author's imagination or are used as fiction, any resemblance to any other story, people, living or dead is entirely coincidental.
This story is pure and was written under my own words, I would appreciate if you don't steal my work and/or produce it as your own.

¶ c h a p t e r s ¶

I'd been thinking about the length of the chapters and how long each will be and settled on keeping each chapter between the range of 1500 - 2000 words, nothing more, nothing less. I feel like over lengthy chapters ruin the flow of the story and honestly take forever to get to the next chapter. However, only those chapters that'll have two parts will be together because I hate chapters with two separated parts.

¶ g e n r e & s u b g e n r e ¶

I've had an issue picking out what could be the right genre for this book but for now it'll fall under General fiction, Mystery and Romance. Though as the story progresses I'll have an Idea and settle for just one.

d a t e s t a r t e d
__/__/__/

d a t e c o m p l e t e d
__/__/__/

¶ a u t h o r ' s n o t e

Excited for more?
Yes or No?

Comment and Vote ;)