TEN [Percy]

Percy POV

"Seriously, those three are strange, don't you think?" Thalia asked me and Annabeth. The two were living in Annabeth's home, and I'd went over after school.

"What d'ya mean?" I said, stuffing blue cookies into my mouth.

"The new kids. Zayden, Dylan and Asher. They just came to us and randomly decided to be our friends. I mean, there are more than 400 students in this school, why us?" Thalia replied.

"Yeah, that Dylan is obviously trying super hard to be your friend, what if those three has other reasons behind it?" Annabeth chimed in.

"AND Zayden is super weird. He's obviously been avoiding Thalia the whole day. AND he was like, trembling and shaking when Thalia glared at him. Does he look familiar to you, Thals?" Annabeth added. Thalia shook her head.

"Well, I did see that Asher guy. He would've gotten along with Nico just fine. I mean, black hair, pale skin, black clothes. Quiet, lonely, doesn't like to talk. Yup, if not for those blood-red eyes, he could've been Neeks' long lost twin." I said. Ashton even radiated darkness, like Nico.

- - -☦︎︎- - -

It was lunchtime at school the next day. The five of us sat at our usual table together. Well, more like Nico was trying to scoot as far away from the rest of us and as far into the shadows as possible, while Leo pulled him back every ten seconds. The three brothers came to sit with us again. Two of the shorter and probably younger ones were bickering while the taller one had his hands in his pockets, looking bored. Thalia rolled her eyes at them while giving me a "seriously?" look.

"Ugh! Zeu-Zayden I TOLD you, for the hundredth time I AM NOT STUPID AND I KNOW A DEAD FISH WHEN I SEE IT. GODS THE POOR FISHIE" the one with brown hair shouted. Dylan. I remembered. He was nice, friendly, and really funny. I'd made friends with him on the first day. Well, to be specific, he was being very enthusiastic and made friends with me.

"Uh, so?" The blonde answered. Zayden. I didn't know much about him, but he seemed to especially annoy Thalia. Probably because he sat with her on his first day, but then Thalia hates all males, so I wasn't surprised.

"SO!!! So did YOU put that dead fishie on my table?"

I stared at Dylan in confusion. Fish? Fishie? Who calls fish fishie? Even I wouldn't do that, and I'm a son of Poseidon.

"Yeah it was him" the black-haired sibling said. Asher, I thought. He rolled his eyes and sighed at his brothers.

"NO I DID NOT"

"Yes you did"

"HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME"

"IT WAS OBVIOUSLY YOU"

"YOU DON'T HAVE PROOF"

"HOW COULD YOU MURDER SUCH AN INNOCENT SWEET FISHIE" Dylan cried in agony.

"I DIDNT—"

"THEN WHY IS THERE BLOOD ON YOUR SHIRT?"

"I—" Zayden was cut off.

"SHUT UP ALREADY" Asher yelled over them. Zayden and Dylan immediately quieted down. There was such authority? Power? Whatever that was in his voice, it even made Thalia stop eating and stare at him, completely frozen in shock.

"Good, now, since you two don't look like you wanted to finish you food just now, get to class" Asher sighed again and got up, as the other two whined about not having ate enough.

I laughed at the three as they left. They were indeed, well, interesting kids.

- - -☦︎︎- - -

𝙼𝚊𝚑 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜,

𝙾𝚔𝚊𝚢 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚕𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚏𝚢, 𝙸 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚏𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚎 𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚊 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚊 𝚏𝚊𝚗𝚏𝚒𝚌 𝙸 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚐𝚘. 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚎𝚡𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚎 𝚒𝚝, 𝚜𝚘 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝. 𝙰𝚕𝚜𝚘, 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗.

𝙱𝚢𝚎𝚎𝚎𝚎
𝚂𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚝