Part 1

The ground slammed into my body knocking the air out of my lungs. I looked back up to the second story window I had just crashed through. The creatures chasing me still half-ran at me. I raised my pistol, holding it only in one hand, I gave four quick shots. They didn't even flinch, they still kept coming.

I pushed my self up and began to run. Making a right down the side alley. I slid a little bit on some gravel. Sticks and and thorns sticking out from the fences going down the sides cut at my arms and clothes as I ran down the narrow alley.

There was something that suddenly terrified me at the end of the alleyway. There was one of those things at the end of it half running at me. I skidded to a halt and rose my pistol to take aim. Gripping the firearm with both hands and taking aim just like I was trained. I squeezed the trigger.

Miss.

I squeezed the trigger again. The things head jerked back and it's body tumbled to the ground.

Hit.

I continued running down the path, not knowing where I was going.

"Anywhere but here." I thought. Then I remembered that half the planet was fucked.

I started running again and rounded a corner and saw a girl about my age running with a bat and what I thought to be her little sisters hand in the other. The little girl was screaming and crying as they ran up to a near by house. There was a few of those monsters going after them as they tried to get in the house. They tried to turn the knob but it obviously didn't budge.

"Hold on I'm coming!" I yelled to them, running faster than I ever thought I could.