Bitch please.

Beep.
Beep.
...
Beep.

I grunted as the mascara wand left a black streak down the left side of my face, due to the fright I got when my phone beeped at me AGAIN with a message from Rosie.

'OMG Layla! I need you right now, where are you?! You always do this, you're never here when I need you the most!😭'

I sighed, before typing a quick reply and shoving my phone into my bra.

'Sorry pet, just woke up, be there soon:*'

I hate her so much.

Slinging my school bag over my shoulder, I run downstairs and shove two pieces of bread into the toaster. Switching on the kettle for tea, I settle down at the table and spark up my morning fag. I'm already pouring out two cups of tea by the time mam comes into the kitchen, rubbing her eyes and reaching blindly for my box of fags and lighter on the table.
I groaned in frustration as my phone beeped again, Rosie demanding to know where I was.

"Who is that texting you this hour of the morning?", Mam muttered as she slowly turned into a functioning human as she drank her tea.
"Just Rosie", I replied, fiddling with my phone trying to turn it on silent.
"Layls seriously, I don't want to be telling you who and who not to be friends with, but she's nothing but a user, trying to offload all her problems on to you. You don't need to be dealing with that right now. You've enough on your plate about Kieran."

Is she really trying to give me the whole friend lecture this early in the morning?

"Look mam, I see where you're coming from but how am I going to survive secondary school with no friends? I know Rosie is a bitch but just work with me here okay?"

Grr! Not to sound like a typical teenager, but she just doesn't get that if I drop one of them, I drop them all. There's only another two weeks left in school anyway, so who cares... until after summer anyway.

***

I arrived at school to see Rosie, Jasmine, Lauren, Chloe and Kay having a rollie outside the gate and waving over at me to join them. Jasmine smiles at me in relief as I walk over, glad to have some normalcy after being stuck with the two drama queens and the two sluts burning her ears about the weekend previously. I wouldn't blame her, no one needs to know about how to be a walking STD, which is all the sluts talk about.

I smile back at Jasmine before turning to Rosie.
"Well, what's wrong with you anyway?", I question as she pulls me away from the group.
"It's James, I had another dream about him last night!", she whisper - yells, looking at me with a horrified face waiting for my reaction.
"Aaaand...?"
"It just brought back so many memories you know?"

I was going to hit her.

"Rosie it was over a year ago! Move ON already! He has! Why can't you?"

"Well you come back to me when you've gone out with someone for as long as me and James!"

I take a deep breath and walk away before I rip those peroxide, singed extensions out of her head.

How dare Rosie say that! She doesn't know what I've been through, what I've had to deal with!

I stomp over to Jasmine and take her by the arm, leading her inside just as the bell goes.