Chapter 1: Ouch. Wait, what?

"Ahh!" I yelled as I fell from the sky. I landed in a pair of strong arms. I opened my eyes and found myself staring into the eyes of another turtle.

I blinked, then yelled as I fell to the ground, I looked at the turtle who caught me and saw that he wore an orange bandana. Suddenly I heard screaming and look up to see my friends Rachel, Brittney, Pepper, and Riley falling from the sky. I ran out into the middle of the street and held out my arms, just in time to catch Rachel. I put her down and look back up just as Pepper slammed into me and knocks me to the ground. She landed on me with so much force that my shell made a dent in the concrete.

When she finally got off, Brittney landed on me and then Riley. When Riley fell on me everyone heard a sickening crack, coming from my shell. Rachel ran to me as I lay on the ground.

"Oh my goodness, her shell is cracked in the front!" She yelled and turned me over. "It's cracked on the back too! I don't know how to fix it." She gasps.

We hear a commotion on the roof and I sit up. "Let's go see what's going on up there."

"No way!" Rachel exclaims, but I'm already on the roof tops. "E, no! You'll get even more injuries!"

They follow after me, but I'm already fighting alongside the turtle in the orange bandana who saved me earlier.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" The turtle asks while fighting a robot with a thing that looked like a brain in the middle.

"Fighting." I reply, rolling my eyes as I finish the robot off. I then groan, sinking to the floor.

"E!" My sisters yell, rushing over.

"What's wrong with her?" A turtle in a blue bandana asks.

"She cracked her shell on both sides and I don't know how to fix it." Rachel answers, cradling my head in her lap.

"I might be able to help her." A turtle in a purple bandana speaks up. "But we need to take her back to our lair." Rachel holds me closer, protecting me. I sit up.

"It's fine, Rachel, they can help." I groan. "Now, take me to your lair."