Chapter One

Avril’s POV

“We have to Avril, I’m so sorry.” My mum tries to apologize to me.

“Pleeeease! I want to stay here, I’ve lived here all my life, I can’t imagine living anywhere else.” I pouted, “Besides we don’t have to! They gave you a choice; to stay here or to transfer to Bradford.”

“Avril Grace,” she shot back, “I understand that you want to stay here and yes, I also understand that I was given a choice. So with that said, I choose to transfer. They said they’d pay me double and we need the money.”

I sighed, “Ugh whatever,” I rolled my eyes then eventually looked back to her, “So we’re going to have to move houses?” I asked hoping her answer would be no.

“Of course,” damn it. She chuckled, “Unless you plan on flying back and forth from England to Ireland.”

I’d much rather do that. Why aren’t I old enough to live on my own?

I fake laughed, “Aha, you’re right.” I thought for a minute and my eyes widened, “Mum- what the hell am I supposed to say to Niall?!” Without her being able to respond, I ran up to my room.

I didn’t think this through. What am I supposed to tell Niall? This is going to be the hardest thing I’m going to have to do.

He is my best friend. I’ve told him everything. I’ve known him since primary school when we were in the same class. I was coloring a puppy I’ve been begging my mum for, but she’d never approve of it. Niall was coloring a guitar, which he got. We were both reaching over to the crayon box getting a brown one and our hands touched. When we looked up at each other, he insisted that I should keep it. I shook my head and we agreed to break it in half. He then gave me the bigger half and we both laughed because of how tiny his half was compared to mine.

We exchanged each other’s names. He said my name was pretty. I thanked him while my cheeks were as red as a tomato. After a while, we were talking about our favorite colors, foods, toys, you know, the typical six-year-old conversation.

It didn’t take long for us to realize we were neighbors, well not exactly, but he lived across the street a couple houses down from me. In fact, we both thought we followed each other home but nonetheless, we haven’t been separated since and I am really thankful for that because he had always made me so happy.

He was actually my first kiss. We were playing truth or dare with a few other friends and bam we kissed. It was just a peck, nothing too much but it was still a lot of pressure for an eleven year old. We didn’t really talk about it much but we both decided it was silly and laughed it off.

 Everyone tells me we’d make a cute couple and every time they do, I always walk away smiling like an idiot that’s because I used to have a massive crush on him. Why am I saying used to? I still do… and now I’m leaving him.