Naya Ehsaans

Raman and Ishita were silent on the way home. So much had happened. 

After the pictures, Raman and Ishita were told to go back to their seats. As they got to the stairs to come down the stage, Raman held out his hand to hold while Ishita came down the stairs. Quite surprised, Ishita still held his hand and came down. As soon as their fingers touched, it was as if the whole world was on pause. They both looked into each others eyes. They felt this current going through thir fingers. Ayooo Murugan, Ishita thought. Yeh mujhe kya ho raha hai... Raman, apani haad paar kaar raha hai tu. Raman thought. Tu Shagun se pyar karta tha. Yaad hai na?

At their seat, they continued to watch the rest of the awards being given. Towards the middle of the event, Ishita had seen Prateek. She had been talking to Raman about his award and she looked behind him to see Prateek. She instantly had a very distinguished look on her face. Raman instantly saw her face and knew something was wrong. For some reason, he was able to look at her and understand her, something he was never able to do with Shagun. Ugh. Phir se tu Shagun ke saath compare kar raha hai? Yeh teri biwi nahi hai. Apani haad mein reh. He thought to himself. 

"Ishita? Tum theek ho?" He asked. He tried to make it seem like he wasn't concerned but his eyes told her everything. Ishita stared at him wondering why it seemed like he genuinely cared. But when she looked into his eyes, it looked like he was hurting. He was hurting because she was hurting. It did not make any sense. Yeh aadmi mere liye aisa kyun feel karta hai. 

"Haan. Woh mein Pra-." She started. Why should I give this man an explanation. She looked at his face. "Prateek. Mera ex, yaha hai. Issi liye thoda distracted thi." UGH. Mujhe aisa kyun lagta hai ki mujhe is aadmi ko kuch bhi baatana hai.

"Tum mere saath chalo." Raman stated. The roughness in his voice came clear. He held her hand and started pulling her in the opposite direction as where Prateek was standing. 

"Aap mujhe kahan leke jaa rahe ho?" Ishita said. She was being dragged. They soon approached the end of the venue.

"Ishita, meri aankhon mein dekho aur mujhe sach batao. Tumhe lagta hai woh aadmi tumhare aanso ke layak hai?" He shouted. At this point, he didn't even care he was screaming. He just felt he should make her understand that Prateek didn't deserve her.

"Na..Nahi." Ishita stammered. At this point, Ishita and Raman were in close proximity. Raman took a step closer to her and she took a step back. Unaware of their surroundings, they looked into each others eyes and no words were necessary. Ishita continued backing up as Raman took one step forward until her back hit the wall. She looked to the side and closed her eyes. She could feel Raman looking at her. For some reason, although they didn't like each other, this moment just felt right. It felt like it was meant to happen. He cleared his throat. They both came into their senses and walked silently back to Ruhi.

After that, they had just tried to enjoy the event as much as they could. But every few minutes, they would catch the other looking at them. 

The car ride home was just as awkward. Raman dropped Ishita off and said goodnight. By this time, Ruhi was asleep so Raman had not bothered to wake her up but instead he picked her up and took her inside.

Raman place Ruhi on his bed and came back to close the door to see Ishita standing at her door looking towards Raman's house.

What do you think is going on in Raman and Ishita's head? Do you think they will realize what they feel for one another? 

Make sure to continue to read tomorrow to find out what happens next!