New School, Old me

"Pathological lying is a kind of a mental disorder. It is common, it's just many people can't come to terms with it. People like you lie for a lot of reasons, and sometimes for no reason at all. You like it when people pay attention to you. But it's OK Kayla, you can overcome it with a bit of practice."

"But that's not her only problem is it? What about her Kleptomania ? She's a billionaire's daughter ?! Why the fuck does she steal?" My father half shouted while glaring at me. Doctor Lee just shook his head dismissively. 

"Your daughter has a lot of problems Mr. Sparrow, I've told you time and time again that her ADD bothers her and plays a major role in her personality. She needs your support to get better." Doctor Lee saving my ass yet again. I smiled as sweetly as I could and nodded. My father, as usual ignored me and left the room fuming. Probably because the doctor told him yet again that his daughter, who happens to be a human, requires attention.

"Kayla, please listen to me. The only way to fix yourself is to love yourself-" 

"Maybe I don't wanna fix myself Doc." I said to him while getting up from the chair I was sitting in. I started walking towards the door when I heard him say,"You will find a reason some day. Everybody has a reason."

I just scoffed and left the room to meet my angry father.

                                                                                             ❇︎

The ride back home was full of silence. My father's face was expressionless as always. But there was a hint of a smile on his face. Which I was a bit taken aback by. My father had always been distant towards me, not that my older brother was any closer to him. But at least my father had a few conversations with me. My brother always received a silent treatment from my father. He was the average guy in every high school. Football player, average looks and always failing in class. I was father's shining star, his trophy daughter, his beautiful daughter, his perfect daughter until one day the doctor said that I might have ADD. He changed his behaviour towards me. 

And I changed my behaviour towards him. We both started hating each other. Mom was never there. Since she divorced dad when I was 3, she had been living in some mansion in Bahamas. And since then nanny after nanny had been raising me and my brother. Until the day my brother turned 15 and I was 14 my father decided we were too old to have a motherly figure. 

And now me and my 18 year old brother were both fucked up in the head.