The Cat And The Owl

Disclaimer: None of the characters belong to me, they belong to Haruichi Furudate.

Disclaimer: None of the pictures belong to me, the credit goes to the rightful owners.

Hello, everyone!!! Once again this fanfiction contains boy x boy, so if u don't like then don't read.

WARNINGS!!! There is only mentions of past attempted suicide, no descriptions!!!! If you don't feel comfortable reading it, then please don't take a risk, if you know it's going to effect you!!!!

If you have no problem with that though, then please keep reading!!

---------------------------------------------xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx---------------------------------------------------

Soulmates.

Nobody knew where it came from, or when it truly started. The history books couldn't provide an exact answer and it was unclear if it was a genetic mutation or if it occurred due to external interference. All that was known was that humanity had suddenly woken up with them one day and all the research that was done on it proved, with some varieties, similar results.

The connection is created when one turned 15. A symbol will appear anywhere on the body and the connected people will start to feel the emotion of the other, no matter the distance between each other. But they would not be able to send emotions through the connection.

That only becomes possible after the soulmates have found each other and acknowledges the other as his/her soulmate. If there was an age difference between the partners, then the connection would be established when the younger comes of age.

But if one partner dies, then the connection is broken as well. So, lack of connection after coming of age could mean either of these, something that was the cause of many concerns of the teenagers.

The connection also breaks if one partner is rejected by another, something that was becoming rather common between partners with a big age difference. This left both partners with a broken bond, and their soulmark becomes a dull grey colour that looks faded.

The connection is initiated when physical contact is first made. As soon as contact is made, the soulmarks flare up, stinging and glowing. It is visible through most clothing, which did result in the invention of a special type of fabric to hide the glow, not that people generally used them.

After the connection is made, the exchange of emotion and the general flowing of it becomes much more easier and more stronger. It has also been found that the closer the partners are, the stronger the bond is. For example, childhood best friends who become soulmates have a stronger connection, even before acknowledging each other as soulmates, than two strangers who had never met before.

It was also fact that soulmates could be of any gender, meaning both could be of the same gender. Of course, just because changes had come physically didn't mean people had suddenly changed their concept of right and wrong, and the first few same-sex couples were either tortured or kept away from each other.

Sometimes, the pain of the other would drive the one crazy, and they would kill themselves, or sometimes someone would die during torture and the violent break of emotion exchange would affect the other badly. Suffice it to say, many same-sex couples hid themselves or denied being in such a relationship.

Eventually though, the idea was accepted as fact and even though there would always be people who would never accept it, they were a minority group. It had taken as long time, many rebellions and just as many, if not more, deaths for the idea to be accepted, but it had been. Now, The world was almost as safe for them as it was for opposite-sex couples.