Chapter 1

He hummed quietly, a tune he had been working on and hadn't finished, his fingers holding the pen with such hardness that his fingerprints had gone white, he was frowning.

"For fuck's sake." He groaned and turned the piece of paper he was writing on into a ball and threw it across the room, cause as much as he tried to, he could not write a song to save his life, for months now, he had writers block. The band was writing their fourth album and each of them had to write a certain amount of songs, everyone had been done by now except him, but then again, Louis had been going through a tough time lately so it was understandable, for everyone except him. Well, for him and his manager, he only saw big bucks as something important.

"It's fine Lou, it'll come around." Zayn said as he laid back on the bus' couch, cause besides having to write an album, they were also in the middle of a tour. Louis rolled his eyes and scoffed.

"Easy for you to say, Mr. R&B." Zayn chuckled and Louis got up to get a beer out of the fridge.

" Boss said not to drink during the night, it'll effect your voice." Said Zayn, warning him.

"Boss says a lot of things." He said while opening the beer, the small sizzle of it sounding like music to his ears.

"Small stop guys! Bus needs some fuel, you can step out for a second, get fresh air, something." The driver said and they all answered with 'gotcha' 'mhm' or just didn't answer.

Louis stepped out of the bus along with the four other guys, they wanted to stretch out their legs, but Lou wanted a smoke and he was out.

"Hey guys, I'm going to the convenience store, anyone want anything?" He asked.

"I'd actually like some KitKats." Liam smiled.

"Fuck off Liam, you're not getting crap." Louis flipped him off and continued to walk. He stepped into the small, badly lit store, the AC was extremely low, making him get some goosebumps in the back of his neck. Since the cigarettes were at the cashier, he simply walked to the sweets section and grabbed Liam's KitKats and then walked to the cashier, a very short brunette girl with a very messy ponytail was the cashier, she looked like she hadn't slept in days but still, she was pretty, Louis thought. "Could I get a pack of red camels please?" She nodded and turned around to get them, standing on her tip toes, and Louis doesn't like to admit it, but he checked her out.

She turned around again and Louis put the KitKats down. She looked at him for a split second.

"You're that guy from that one band, right?" She smiled.

"Very specific love" Louis chuckled and she did too. " One Direction, yes."

"You look taller in pictures." She giggled and he rolled his eyes.

"You're one to talk." He replied sassily and she shrugged. She scanned the items.

"Having a concert nearby?" She offered a bag but he shook his head. He paid.

"Yea, we are actually on our way to Michigan right now." He grabbed the chocolates and the cigarettes. She nodded.

"Hope you make it safe." She turned around and walked away.

"Thanks..?" Louis said, finding the ending of the conversation a little bit weird. He stepped out and the guys were still out. "Catch." He told Liam and threw him his candy.

"Love ya, mate." Liam said. Louis again, flipped him off. He lit up his cigarette and the guys went back inside. He took a drag and just admired the night sky. It took him 5 minutes to finish it off, and the whole entire time he felt like he was being watched, he didn't think much of it, cause in his head he was going crazy all the time. He stepped back in the bus, and off to Michigan they went.

-

"That's what makes you beautiful!" Harry sang into the mic and the music went out as well as the lights. They turned back on and they started saying their goodbyes to the crowd as everyone screamed. Another successful concert, yet Louis hadn't been able to concentrate the whole entire time. They ran out of stage and into backstage, drying off sweat and laughing about how they did, just your typical night, yet he was so out of it, so sad.

As they were getting their things to go into the bus, everyone was exhausted, eager to sleep and go to their hotel.

"Hey I think I'm gonna go into the pharmacy right after we get to the hotel, I don't feel so well." Louis told Niall, and Niall placed his hands on his forehead and cheeks.

"No temp, but alright." Louis chuckled at the attention his Irish friend gave him, so caring. He loved these guys, they were basically his family, away from his blood family.

Hours later, Louis found himself standing in the middle of the pharmacy, looking for something that would make him feel better, but it was awfully hard, since he had no idea what was wrong with him. A guy that worked there approached him and asked him if he could help him look for something.

"I don't think so, I don't quite know what I'm looking for, thank you." And he walked out, he had snuck out without a bodyguard, he pulled his hoodie over his head and started walking back to the hotel, advanced a few feet and felt a strong hit on his head, seconds later, everything went black.