Prologue

???'s (POV)
"Wow..." I stand there in awe as my eyes sparkle at the sight of the beautiful dragon before me. I try to take another step so that I can take a closer look, but the pain in my legs stop me from doing that. I sigh quietly and remain in the shadows as I continue to watch the show.

Time skip...

I smile to myself as I try my best to clap along with the audience. Out of the corner of my eye, I see the person I was running away from, my step-father.

(Look, Ik it sounds confusing, but, bare with me, I've never written a fanfic where the reader/OC was abused, so, this is kind of a starter for me =w=; (shoot! You can't see the scars on her! DAMN IT!)).

"Nonononono!" I trip over my feet a little as I run to the back of Circus tent.

I hear footsteps coming from behind me, I wasn't sure if it was my step-dad or if it was one of the Circus employees, but I couldn't risk looking back, so I just kept running.

"Get back here, brat!" He barked.

That only made me run faster. I push past the back curtains and make my way to the equipment area. I than see a clown sitting on top of a crate.

"Sir please help me!" I whispered with a pleading look.

"Woah, hey now, what's the rush?" He puts a hand on my shoulder.

"I need a place to hide from my step-dad! He's really drunk right now, and is looking for me! But I don't want to go back with him!" I shake in fear, trying not to think about what he might do to me. I back up a little as he gets down from where he was sitting and lifts up the crates lid.

"Get in here kid." Without hesitation I get inside and hold my legs close to my chest.

He quickly puts the lid back on, and sits on top of it again.

"Woah there buddy, you can't be back here!" I could still smell the alcohol through the crate, it made me want to gag but I had to stay quite if I didn't want to get caught.

I wasn't able to really hear what was going on because of how tired my body was becoming. Slowly, my eyes begin to flutter close and I fall asleep.