Squire Day

"DAVID GET UP YOU'LL MISS THE PICKING!"

David heard his mother say the last few words and springed out of bed running for his dresser and carefully got out his new squire robe and set it on his crumpled bed then got some pants and a long sleeve shirt,he got both on quickly then carefully got on the squire robe with the small red cross on the small sleeve on his right shoulder then got on his belt to hold the squire robe down so it didn't act like a cape when he was on the stand,

his mother came in the door holding his sword and dagger in there sheaths looking like she was up all night he saw she was starting to cry.

He walked over to his mother and hugged her knowing why she was crying.

"Mother I'll just be gone for two months and I'll come right back for the holidays."

"Yes but you might get a strict master and might not be able to come home David." Said his mother.

"Don't worry if he's strict I'll leave him even if he says not to and come home for the holidays ok."

"But its your dream to become a knight li-like your father." His mother was starting to get choked up. David smiled

"Yes mother but you mean more to me then my dream, so if you need me home to work at the blacksmiths I'll scome straight home to help out ok." Davids mother smiled back at him and said "Ok but you'll be late for the picking I'm sorry I kept you waiting quickly get your sword and knife on and you'll ride Mabel to the picking to make it I'll take Albert to the sewing shop."

"Ok mother I'll see you in two months and I'll right to you every week ok."

"Ok."

David quickly got the rest of his gear on and packed his bag. He ran down stairs to see his mother already gone and ran outside to the small shed where they kept the horses and saw Mabel already saddled.

"Looks like mom already saddled you up girl." David said as he mounted the made and trotted her out of the barn and past the wagons and hustle of his small town Gerner and onto the dirt rode that ran to the castle Derk.

"Well we better start off slow then make a run for the castle we might just make it." He nudged Mabel forward into a trot and thought of his new life about to start.