Lovely Regret

Have you ever regretted on something or someone? Have you ever wished that you haven't done it? Then, I’m sorry for you. This story has nothing to do with that. This story is about a girl named Clarisse Ameson. She is a second year high school student, who is studying at Hokai National High School. Clarisse was very intellectual and talented. She had many suitors but she rejected them all. She’s very kind and very respectful to her parents.

 It was the first day of her 2nd year life. Clarisse is always the first one to be in class but, she saw someone earlier than her. It was a face she never knew, he looked like a transferee. Clarisse was shocked about him, although he was pretty quite. Clarisse came to greet the new student; she went to him and said

“Hi, I’m Clarisse, you must be new here.” The boy nodded his head and said

 “Yea, you’re right; I’m from Maken High. By the way, I’m Simon. It’s very nice to meet you Clarisse.”

Clarisse and Simon became best of friends; they went to different places together. Like going to a carnival, group studies, watch a movie and many more. People started to think that they were a couple, Clarisse’s parents heard about this rumor and so they forbid Clarisse to see Simon. Clarisse repeatedly explained to them that they’re just friends but her parents won’t believe her. The next day Clarisse explained to Simon about her situation. Simon was filled with sadness after hearing the news, he couldn’t think straight that time so he said, “Clarisse, I like you, and I think I’m falling deeper and deeper for you as time passes by.” Clarisse was shocked and couldn’t speak. Simon continued, “Clarisse, I’m practically in love with you! And I will fight for you no matter what stands in our way; I will love and protect you until the day I stop breathing. So Clarisse, I ask you one question. Would you be my girlfriend?” Clarisse was so happy that she cried. She hugged Simon very tight and said. “Simon, we have been friends for a long time now, and I think that you’re a really great guy but I can’t disobey my parents. I’m really sorry Simon but I’m afraid I have to reject you.” As Clarisse said these words, her tears were dropping so hard from her eyes as he was hugging Simon so tight. Simon was in total disappointment, he really expected for Clarisse to accept him as his boyfriend. Clarisse slowly let go of Simon because she had to leave for home. As she was about to leave, she said “Simon, I’m really sorry about this, if only my parents would have second thoughts about us. Then we might have been a couple now.”

After Simon heard this, he put his courage up. On the following day was a Saturday so neither of them had class. Clarisse woke up still worried about Simon considering his mixed emotions yesterday. As she was walking from the 2nd floor to the ground floor of their house, he saw Simon at the end of the stairs carrying a bouquet of flowers smiling and saying “Good morning Clarisse.”  Clarisse was astonished of what she saw and started to run and hugged Simon as hard as she can. Simon said “I’ve already talked to your parents and I managed to let them accept me as your boyfriend.” Clarisse cried and asked. “How? How did you convince my parents?” Simon smiled and said, “By being myself. I told them about my feelings for you and that I’ll never do anything or let anyone hurt you as long as I’m breathing.” Clarisse continued crying because of joy.

After that day, Simon and Clarisse were happy with each other. They are about to have their 5th anniversary this month and going strong. And it was that month that Clarisse will be celebrating her birthday. So Simon thought of a plan to propose to Clarisse, Simon and Clarisse were walking along the park early in the morning, then Simon asked Clarisse, “Hey babe, your birthday’s coming up. What do you want as a present?” Clarisse thought that she wanted a ring. Simon thought to himself that it’s the perfect gift for their anniversary and her birthday.

On Clarisse’s birthday, they celebrated with a small gathering. The ones in the party were just Clarisse’s parents, a couple of relatives and Simon. Simon was about to give Clarisse her present. As Clarisse opened the box, she found a teddy bear, something she didn’t expect. Clarisse said “Oh, a teddy bear, how lovely.” Simon kissed Clarisse and went to get something for them to drink. Clarisse was full of disappointment and anger because she really wanted a ring so badly and after 5 years of being a couple she’d thought that Simon would propose to hear already. Due to anger and rage, she couldn’t control herself and threw the teddy bear outside! Simon saw what she did and was going after the bear quickly because there was a fast car which was going to run over it. Simon, with desperation, managed to reach out to the bear and threw it to Clarisse but he couldn’t stop his force, he couldn’t stop and had a collision with the running car, Simon was bleeding on the street while Clarisse was crying, Simon said, “Babe, don’t be said. At least I got you your gift. Press the right hand of the bear. Babe, whatever happens to me, remember that I will always love you and always have loved you. And I’m happy to know that I’ll die protecting something I’m proud of.”

Simon didn’t make it out alive, Clarisse won’t stop crying. She hoped that Simon lived, that she’ll have a family with Simon, grow old with Simon. Those dreams were crushed just because of the teddy bear that Simon died for. She pressed the right hand of the bear while crying of Simon’s bleeding body. Clarisse heard Simon’s voice coming from the bear, saying, “Hey babe, I know that this isn’t what you want, but I prepared something for you.” “If you press the tummy of this bear, a ring will appear.” As soon as Clarisse took the ring the bear directly asked, “Clarisse Ameson, will you marry me?” As Clarisse heard this she cried some more and regretted throwing the bear. She was devastated and collapsed. Clarisse found herself in a hospital and her parents explained that she collapsed because she was crying so much. Clarisse still couldn’t believe that Simon’s dead. But Clarisse knew that Simon was happy for what he died for. Simon’s last words gave Clarisse the strength to strive harder in life and live life happily.

That’s why we should all think before we act, we should understand all our options, know our conclusions and think of possibilities. If you don’t do this, who knows, you might regret doing something too.

THE END