The Darkness can scare even the bravest of being........

This story is about Legolas's fictional childhood fear of the dark, I decided to rewrite the small excerpt in the story where Legolas and his friend fall down into a cave, and make it into a whole story. This will be one post, because I am very new to this and I do not know how to make it in chapters… J oh well… let us get started…

Aragorn woke to the startling screams of Legolas. He bolted out of bed and ran to his best friend and constant companion's room. Legolas was drenched in sweat and screaming in fear. It was another nightmare.

"Legolas. Legolas! LEGOLAS‼ WAKE UP‼" Aragorn yelled shaking his friend in horror. To no avail, Aragorn grabbed a cup of water and threw it in Legolas's face. Legolas jolted awake. He started gasping for air, unable to catch his breath. Aragorn rubbed him on the back until his breathing returned to normal.

"Legolas, please tell me what the dream was about." Aragorn pleaded. This was the third time this week Legolas had woken up the household with his screams. Legolas shook his head, pretending not to remember. Legolas glanced around Aragorn noticing Elrond, Elladen, and Elrohir staring at him. Elrond walked over to the bed.

"Legolas please tell us what the matter is. These nightmares must stop!" Elrond commanded.

"I can't remember." Legolas lied, glancing away for just a second, long enough for Aragorn to notice. Aragorn made a mental note to come back later and question his friend. Slowly everyone left the room going back to their well-needed sleep. Aragorn stayed, waiting until he heard the three doors down the hall

"Legolas, what is bothering you?" Aragorn asked.

"It's nothing." Legolas replied not looking at Aragorn.

"Something must be bothering you! You do not normally wake up in the middle of the night screaming! I've not gotten enough sleep for almost three weeks!" Aragorn said probingly trying to get Legolas to tell.

"I am fine! Go back to sleep." Legolas said quickly shoving Aragorn off the corner of his bed, glaring at him.

"Fine! I'm here when you're ready to talk." Aragorn said leaving the room and blowing out the candle. As he was blowing out the candle, he heard a faint whimper coming from Legolas. He glanced back at Legolas who was staring off into the distance.

"Elves…" he muttered to himself, as he left the room. Aragorn climbed back into bed and fell asleep. A couple hours later, he heard something coming from Legolas's room. Quickly he got up and quietly eased himself into the room. Legolas was shaking his head from side to side… kind of talking in his sleep gradually getting louder.

"Leave me alone…Leave me alone. No. No. NO‼ LEAVE ME ALONE NO NO‼ LET ME OUT OF HERE! NOOOOOOOO‼" he started screaming again. "NOOOOOOOOOOOO‼LEAVE ME A-LO- AAAAAAAAAAAAA!" a high pitched scream stopped his yelling as he started thrashing wildly back and forth on the bed his eyes rolling into the back of his head with fear, trying to escape whatever was chasing him. Aragorn could not stand watching it any longer and tried his best to wake him up, shaking him and calling his name. Finally, Legolas awoke and just sat there clinging to Aragorn sobbing with fear.

"Hush…..hush…." Aragorn soothed Legolas rubbing him on the back. He tried in vain to stop the sobs that were generating from the elf's body. Legolas's chest rose and fell with irregular gasping breaths as he tried to catch his breath. Choking on his saliva, he started coughing which only intensified the sobs. Aragorn was heartbroken by what he had just witnessed, never before had he seen his friend that scared. Finally, the sobs stopped and Legolas breathing became normal. Slowly his eyes glazed over and he fell back into a more peaceful sleep. Aragorn decided to stay with him for the rest of the night, pulling over a chair by his bedside.