The Past

I held my sniper rifle low down as I passed the bodies of 20 or more civilians on The Trohat Express. I didn't kill them but on this train was a murderer who killed them and wiped their blood over the carriages I crossed. The cold snow air of the Italian mountains filled each carriage as I opened and closed each door moving my way towards the front of the train. The lights flickered and a bloody human creature with a missing hand slowly walked out of a bedroom and turned looking at me in the eyes from a distance of 10 meters. He held a machete much like the one Jason Brody had in Farcry 3. She walked gracefully but slowly towards me, I pulled up my silenced bolt action sniper towards her. She started to cry yet still walking and in the silence of the moment I pulled the trigger and the bullet flew through her head and into the blood stained train wall. I earned £650,000 from that contract but then it also burnt a memory, of the massacre that that man had caused, into my brain.

"Then what did you do?" Said my 23 year old grandson sounding like a little kid. I adjusted my chair "Well as the diver was still alive he stopped the train at the nearest station and he called the police but by then I had disappeared" I explained. "I'm sorry Grandad Hughes but I have to go now but ill visit you same time next week and you can maybe continue your stories" said my grandson who I would like to mention is named David Hughes. "Yeah okay, on your bike you little shit" I replied as David walked out. It's lonely without David but what do you expect as an old man. My assassinating days were over but the young Aaron Hughes still lived in me even if I was 87.