•Story 1• Midnight

Midnight sat on her rough blue couch. She flipped the light red hair out of her face, letting out a short sigh. She stood, and silently ascended her creaky oak stairs.

She opened the white door and entered her plain room. She sat on her fairly uncomfortable mattress. She curled up into her dark purple sheets, cringing at the thought of her abusive mother.

Hearing a door slam, she curled tighter into the sheets, feeling her own warm breath on her pale arms.
"Midnight-" A drunken voice called for the red-headed girl. Her mother. Midnight swallowed in her fear and responded. "Y-yes mom?" The scrawny woman stumbled up the stairs. "G-get out here." The woman mumbled.

Midnight slowly stood, stumbling out of the room. She faces the woman she called her mother. The woman smiled, her teeth stained yellow from bad hygiene.

Her crooked smile made cold beams shoot down her spine. The woman stumbled toward her, preparing to strike the girl with the bottle of liquor. The cold bottle crashed down on the girls fragile head, prices of glass puncturing her scalp.
Midnight crippled, warm tears streamed down her delicate cheeks. Her mother looked satisfied with her work and headed to her room.

Midnight slowly stood, stumbling toward her room. She entered and closed the door silently, heading to the connecting bathroom in the far right corner. She stumbled in, turning in the faucet. She tended to her wounds.

Once she was satisfied she headed back out to her room. She dropped onto her bed, curling into the sheets. She cries silently, as she knew, every time she was beaten by her mother, the voices in her head would complain again. As she squeezed her eyes shut, she awaited their complaints.

And finally, one spoke. "Kill her, she doesn't care about you. You have nothing here. Just do it already, it's not like anyone would notice she's gone." More pitched in, all chanting the same thing. "Kill her." They chanted.

Midnight sighed shakily, she pulled the sheets over her head, drifting into a restless sleep.

As Midnight awoke, the little voices had gone away. It was still around 1:00 Am in the morning, so she trudged down the oak stairs, uncaring of the creaky sounds.

She entered the living room, only to spot her mother in the room next to it, the kitchen. She sat at the counter, her back facing Midnight.

The red-headed girl watched as her mother stood, rushing to the kitchen sink. She hunched over, hurling into the aluminum.

At that moment, the voices spoke again. "She's not paying attention. How's your chance!! Do it!! Kill her!!" They screeched the sentence over and over in her mind.

She looked at the counter. A little wooden block held an assortment of kitchen knives, all placed accordingly. But next to them, a large combat knife sat. Her father kept it there for stake and and other needs.

Midnight slowly approached the counter, the little voices continuing to screech at her. She swallowed her fear, and slowly rose the large combat knife. She approached her mother, hunched over the sink.

"Do it! You're so close already, just do it!" They screamed. The woman turned slowly. "Midnight, Midnight is that you? Quit being a whore and help me!" She bellowed at the poor girl.

Midnight's fear was replaced by pure rage. "I'm done being your slave!" She screeched, burrowing the knife into the woman's throat. She pulled it out furiously.

The face etched on her mothers face was one of pure shock. Blood flowed out in thick red pools. Midnight stumbled backwards, the knife still tight in her hands.

The voices had fell silent. "Finally they shut up!" She mumbled. "Midnight?"

The girl spun around to see her father, starring at her in horror. "What did you do?!" He yelled.

The red-head slowly moved to the side, never taking her deep red eyes of of her father. She reached a point, whee she was far enough away from him to make a run for it.

And she did. She ran, faster than she ever did before. Out of her house, and into a dark forest. She felt her stomachs drop as she face planted onto the brown leaves on the forest floor.

Midnight slowly sat up. She noticed a tall thin shadow looming over her. She looked behind her, no one. She sighed, figuring it was nothing, and turned back. Someone stood before her. She lifted her head to see a tall skinny man before her.

He had no facial features, and long black tendrils sprouted from his back. He extended a hand to Midnight, and she took it.

The man helped her stand. She looked up at him curiously. "I am the Slenderman." A static voice said in her head. She nodded slowly and continued to stare at him. "I'm here to save you."

Slenderman had lead Midnight to an eerie mansion in the woods. It had a gloomy feel to it, and a strange smell, like dried blood loomed from it. The Slenderman turned to her. "Now, you truly are home."