one

here we go here we go! i'm really excited about this story. i hope you love them as much as i do!

**********************************************************

He snores like a drunken sailor.

I blink a couple times, allowing myself to get used to the ridiculous amount of light in the room. I stare at the wall for a second before realizing what's wrong with it.

It isn't mine.

Rolling over and taking in my surroundings, I slowly recollect what happened last night. I lift the shoulder of the shirt I'm wearing-which happens to not be mine-and bring it to my nose. The stench of the marijuana is almost enough to send me back to bed. I glance to my left, at the multicolored head of the boy next to me, snoring like no tomorrow. I reach over and wipe away the drool from his chin with his shirt. Idiot.

I blink once, spreading my eyes before I realize: it is not a weekend. The blankets are flung away from my body, revealing a magnificent lack of pants and sending me into shivers as I yank on the baggy sweatpants I'd discarded to the floor. I switch out the shirt that reeks for the shirt that is now wrinkled from a night on the floor. I peek into the mirror on the wall-much too wrinkly. I grab a flannel from his closet and run down the stairs with my phone between my lips and my hair bobbing in the world's worst bun.

"See ya later, Emme," I hear a voice call out from behind me.

"Probably not, Trav, I've got lectures tonight."

He waves his hand at me. "Whatever. Is he still asleep?"

"Of course he is," I laugh, slipping into my flip flops and readjusting the huge flannel onto my shoulders.

"Keys," he says, tossing mine toward me.

I catch them singlehandedly. "See ya."

"Bye, Emme!" two more voices call out.

"Bye, boys."

With a giggle, I shut the door of the frat house behind me. I'd sprint if it weren't for the fact that with every step, my pants nearly fall. With one hand gripping the waist of my pants and the other one frantically clicking the unlock button on my keys, I walk up and down the street before tracking down where I'd parked my tiny silver car.

I don't check the time until I buckle into the driver's seat. 8:30. I have thirty minutes to make myself presentable for class. I gun it to my apartment and nearly break into my room. Grace nearly drops the coffee pot.

"For God's sake, could you not give me a fucking heart attack?!"

"Good morning, Gracie. You coming to English today?"

She takes a second mug from the cabinet, mumbling a mockery of my words under her breath. "Am I coming to class today...hmph. I can't, my meds essay isn't gonna write itself," she sighs, pouring me coffee. "Do you want milk?"

"Yeah. I thought you worked on it last night?"

She shook her head, smiling up at me from her veil of bangs. "Nah. I met up with Joey again."

"Music store Joey?"

She nods slyly. "Who also turns out to be 2-AM-wine-kisses Joey."

"No way, I never would have guessed."

"It's his hair, he seems too innocent with that strawberry blonde mop."

"Ah." I start walking away from the counter. "Have you seen my gray sweatshirt?"