1. The Encounter

It was a rainy winter night in a Kalos forest, Naira, a lonely young Glaceon used to wildlife, was walking along the river, it was normal to hear people walking during the day, but that night, a angry voice was heard coming from the main bridge.

"You are a damn useless, you have not been of any use to me, you do nothing but lose combat after combat !!", followed by a howl of pain, Naira looked at the the bridge hidden in a bush. The source of the howl was a Flareon lying on the ground, whose trainer was hitting him with a big stick.

"I'm sick of you and losing money because of you !!" The Flareon tried to crawl away from his trainer, but to no avail "OUT OF MY SIGHT !!" The man then kicked the Flareon in the side, which fell from the bridge into the river. The man looked at the body of the Flareon floating in the river and left the scene.

Naira, without hesitation for a second, jumped into the river to help him and dragged him to the shore, the Flareon was bleeding from the mouth and had various injuries in his body, he was crying inconsolably and shaking with cold and fear. "Are you Ok?" Asked Naira. "I ... I ... I don't know why ... I did everything I could ... I helped him in everything ... and that's how he thanks me..." replied the Flareon.

"Don't worry, he won't be able to hurt you anymore, if you did everything for him and he did that to you, he doesn't deserve that you stay with him" Naira said trying to comfort Flareon. "Thank... thank you for saving me..." said Flareon looking at Naira. "There is no reason to give them, I would not let anyone die because of a human" replied Naira.

"By... by the way... my name is Blaze..." "Nice, my name is Naira" At that moment, there was a lightning bolt and the rain began to get stronger. "A storm is coming, we should take refuge, can you walk?" Naira said. Blaze tried to stand up, but the paws did not respond "No... it hurts a lot..." "Then we don't have other choice." Naira carried Blaze in her back and led him to the cave.

When they arrived, Naira healed Blaze's wounds, during this, they hardly spoke, but something began to arise between them. When she finished, Blaze thanked Naira, she smiled and both blushed.

They were prepared to sleep when Blaze said: "Thank you for taking me in" "There is no need, rest, you need it" Blaze fell asleep, Naira lay down next to him, hugging him and also fell asleep.

Both felt something for each other, Naira realized it at the moment she saw him, but she couldn't find the moment to tell him.