Turn 20

It turned out that the opponents that my friends had to duel against were a lot tougher than they appeared, for Crow and Kalin at least. Kalin had ridden first, and the Scottish team had managed to build their decks around getting cards into Kalin's hand to stop the effects of his Infernaty monsters. Kalin put up a good fight, but could only get the team's first opponent's life points down to 100 before he was knocked out of the final. Crow took over with only two face down cards inherited. He had checked them and shook his head. I assumed they were useless to Crow.

"What are the face downs?" Yusei asked Kalin a determined look on his face.

"Traps. But they are useless to you and Crow." Kalin said as Crow finished off the first opponent and the secon rider for team Beasties took to the curicit. "They need Inferaty monsters on the field and no cards in the hand. Sorry."

"It's alright," Yusei said watching as Crow used an effect of his own to destroy the two face downs on his field and cause 1000 points of effect damage to his foe, "what is done is done, and Crow made use of them after all."

Crow took out the second rider but unfortunately Crow was taken out very quickly by the Beasties third rider, who took no damage. Yusei took a breath as Crow pulled up to him and passed the batton, which Yusei stuck on his arm. There was a smile on his face that was full of confidence, and he seemed to have gained an auror of power.

"We have this won." Yusei said as he sped off.

"Really, how does he know that?" Crow asked to no one in particular. "This team has answers for all of our decks.  How can Yusei be that confident?"

"It's Yusei." Kalin shrugged. "That's just watch."

We watched as Yusei's opponent pulled into position behind him. The young girl, who was Yusei's opponent had been looking confident, but when she got close to Yusei she seemed to lose that confidence.

"No way." Akiza gasped, "She isn't."

"What?" I asked.

"That girl's like me and Yusei and she can sense Yusei's power." Akiza explained, "I also noticed, that after our last training session, Yusei started to natuarlly give of this auror of confidence and power. I think that is why he hasn't been accosted by his fangirls since then. What is more, he also started to be able to sense other psychics, just like all powerful psychics can. They know each others capability and she's scared. I also don't blame her."

"Wait, is Yusei that powerful?" Crow asked looking at Akiza in shock. I wasn't surprised of course, this was Yusei after all, he had this way of always being stronger then he first appeared. Plus he had told me everything that Akiza told him. Yusei had already ended his turn, he had placed three face downs in his spell and trap card zone and he had already synchro summoned into Junk Warrior and wiped out the young scottish girl's defensive monster that had caused Crow a ton of trouble.

"He is the strongest psychic I have ever sensed, and that includes Sayer." Akiza answered. "I just hope it don't go to his head. Also, a lot power is still latent."

"It won't." I affirmed with a confidence, "Yusei is humble. He has always been. Besides his deck hasn't let him down yet." As if to confirm my statement, Yusei had been forced to counter one of the girl's attacks and had inflicted enough effect damage to wipe out half her life points and all of her monsters. She also had no face down spells or traps. She lost control of her duel runner, which she had been riding in front of Yusei, who used his duel runner to steady hers without touching hers with his hands.

"Ok, so Yusei proved your point," Crow conceded on Akiza's behalf, "but he has been hanging out with you a lot, and he went off with the cock sure attitude you get when you are duelling."