Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Oh Great

Calvin sat up, expecting to see his body in the form of an animated penguin only to find himself in the avatar he had made in Midnight Clash. He looked around at his surroundings. Players like him were appearing with a small flash of light everywhere, like a small portal was being opened to let them in.

Calvin got to his feet and checked himself. He wore a purple, light leather tunic and brown pants. He wore a hard leather belt, breastplate, elbow and shin guards.

As a well accomplished gamer, he didn't waste a moment before assessing the entire situation. He looked through his peripheral vision at the menu on his upper right hand corner. He tapped a small arrow and the menu slid down in front of him. He scrolled through his quest book, stat lists, and other seemingly useless menus until reaching his inventory where he found a few items.

Calvin accessed each one and pulled them out of his right hand pocket. The first item was a familiar item that he had seen before called a weapon spawner. The item was for low level players or for re-spawners so if they had lost their only weapon they'd get a new one no sweat.

The next item was the a map of the surrounding area. It showed a large grassland outside a small town. Calvin tapped the town on the map and the view zoomed in on the area. The town's makeup was a bunch of houses and other buildings with a bunch of empty lots in between. The town was named Ekvusreil.

Calvin took out the final item, a small sack of gold with about twenty pieces laying inside. He tossed it in his hand and then stuffed it back in his pocket. He then put his map in his pocket and began checking his stats.

The stat menu was around the same. His class was the beginner class, the one everyone started out with, Adventurer. Eventually a player would earn a level one class, then a level two class and ending with a level three class which would determine a lot later in the game. Besides that there would also be sub-classes based on which skill set a player would want to take on. His basic stats were all at one, but those would change over time.

Before taking off to explore the world and look for answers, he took the weapon spawner item in hand and accessed it. The weapons available included a bow, sword and magic tome. Each item had sub items that were more specific and could be accessed by tapping the icon of the sword, bow, or tome. He put the item in his pocket.

I'm gonna take a look around then decide on a weapon which will help me choose my class.

He finally looked up from his work. Around him were thousands of players panicking. A few were yelling, more were looking around with panic, while still others were asking the only players keeping their cool. Calvin didn't recognize any of the other players right away, so he turned to his right and walked towards the closest building. The sign on the door showed a picture of a bag of gold, indicating the building was a bank.

Calvin tapped the door, pulling up a pop-up box. The box in turn opened up three other boxes. The first read:

"EKVUSREIL Town Bank

Deposit and Pick Up

Deals of Mondays"

The second box read:

"Hours:

All Week

12 hours"

The third said:

"Day: Monday

Time: 24:01

Currently Open"

The last pop-up, appearing a bit after the third simply stated "Access Accepted" and with that a sound similar to the sound of a door unlocking came from the door. Calvin pushed the door open revealing a couple players already placing their money in the bank by talking to the NPC bankers. Calvin memorized their names, then walked over to a banker to turn in his current cash.