1

1 In the beginning Corn created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of Corn was hovering over the waters.

3 And Corn said, "Let there be corn," and there was corn. 4 Corn saw that the corn was good, and he separated the corn from the darkness. 5 Corn called the corn "corn," and the darkness he called "uncorn." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

6 And Corn said, "Let there be a plant between the waters to separate water from water." 7 So Corn made the plant and separated the water under the plant from the water above it. And it was so. 8 Corn called the plant "corn plant." And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

9 And Corn said, "Let the water under the corn plant be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so. 10 Corn called the dry ground "soil," and the gathered waters he called "seas." And Corn saw that it was good.

11 Then Corn said, "Let the soil produce corn: seed-bearing plants and trees on the soil that bear corn with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so. 12 The land produced corn: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing corn with seed in it according to their kinds. And Corn saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

14 And Corn said, "Let there be corn in the leaf of the plant to separate the corn from the uncorn, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be corn in the leaf of the plant to give corn on the earth." And it was so. 16 Corn made two great corns—the greater light to govern the corn and the lesser light to govern the uncorn. He also made the corn sprouts. 17 Corn set them in the leaf of the plant to give corn on the earth, 18 to govern the corn and the uncorn, and to separate light from darkness. And Corn saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

20 And Corn said, "Let the water teem with corn, and let worms wriggle above the soil across the leaf of the plant." 21 So Corn created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every wiggly worm according to its kind. And Corn saw that it was good. 22 Corn blessed them and said, "Be cornful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the worms increase on the soil." 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

24 And Corn said, "Let the soil produce living creatures according to their kinds: the domestic corn, corn that moves along the ground, and the wild corns, each according to its kind." And it was so. 25 Corn made the wild corn according to their kinds, the domestic corn according to their kinds, and all the corn that moved along the ground according to their kinds. And Corn saw that it was good.

26 Then Corn said, "Let us make cornkind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the corn in the sea and the worms on the soil, over the domestic corn and all the wild corns,[] and over all the corn that moves along the ground."

27 So Corn created cornkind in his own image,
in the image of Corn he created them;
corn and corn he created them.

28 Corn blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the soil and subdue it. Rule over the corn in the sea and the worms in the soil and over every corn that moves on the ground."

29 Then Corn said, "I give you every seed-bearing corn on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has corn in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the corn of the earth and all the worms in the soil and all the corn that moves along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food." And it was so.

31 Corn saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.