𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐫𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐄𝐲𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐭

Eye contact.

The meeting of the eyes of two individuals, a meaningful nonverbal communication. Some may even describe the act as a sign of confidence and respect.

However, some people hate eye contact, either because they are shy or they lack confidence. There are many reasons to hate it, all being normal, but that is not the case with him.

"Why can't you look at me in the eyes?"

"Stop being disrespectful, look at me when I talk to you."

"You were raised so poorly."

Lee Donghyuck, he has heard plenty of those remarks every single day. He prefers to not look into a person's eyes. Not because he lacks confidence, oh no that is definitely not the case. Donghyuck glows with confidence, however, eye contact scars him.

Why?

Every time his eyes meet another pair of eyes he watches the person die, almost as if he's experiencing it himself.

It is almost like a very vivid dream, he can see, smell, hear everything, but he can not interfere at all, he just watches as the person takes their final breath and closes their eyes forever.

He has been living his life looking at the ground, afraid to be caught up in another horrid vision of a stranger's death.

He couldn't help the victim, but he also couldn't stop his visions. He just had to pretend to be okay and continue on with his life.

That was his mindset

until he met her.