Cindy - A modern Fairy Tale

“Once upon a time, there lived an unhappy young girl. Unhappy she was, for her mother was dead, her father had married another woman, a widow with two daughters, and her stepmother didn’t like her one little bit.” Cindy sighed after reading the long paragraph.

Her sister had walked into her room in the meantime. She was wearing the new crop top her father had bought for her, as well as the new designer jeans she got off her step mother. She looked over to Cindy, who was wearing hand me down pumpkin patch jeans and a baggy shirt. She snorted at her severe lack of fashion, speaking down to her as if she was a rat found under a dresser. “What are you reading now?” Her voice was harsh and very annoying, the kind of voice you hear from someone who’s had too much to drink. She stormed over to her sister, her custom fit stilettos leaving scratches across the wood as she clicked across the room. She took the book Cindy had been reading, breaking into cracking laughter. “You’re reading Fairy Tales?” She dramatically wiped a tear from her eye.

“Give my book back” Cindy stood up, taller than her sister even though she wasn’t wearing any shoes. She growled as she snatched the book from her sister’s manicured nails. “Get out of my room now!” She snarled, throwing the book on the mattress on the floor she called a bed.

Her sister pouted. “I’ll tell mum you snatched something from me~” She attempted to get past Cindy by going around her.

“Go ahead! She’s not my mother anyway!” She took the opportunity to push her sister onto the floor. At that moment, the exact wrong moment, her other sister walked into the room.

“Anny!” The positively orange skinned girl ran over to her sister, her outfit, the same as her sisters made her more of.. hobble.. over to her sister.

“Drizzle look at what she did! I got a scuff on my new shoes!” With her sister’s help, she got to her feet, brushing off her clothes. Not that she had many on to brush off.

Both the sisters turned, absolutely fuming. “Well guess who isn’t coming to the party this weekend!”

Cindy gasped. “You can’t stop me from going to Prince’s party!”

“Oh yes we can” They chimed together, as if one of their voices at a time wasn’t horrible enough.

Cindy scowled. She didn’t want to miss this party. Any party, but not this party! Prince was the coolest guy in her school. He was so amazing, he was kind, cheerful, charming, and absolutely gorgeous! This weekend he was holding a party at his house to cheer himself up after being dumped by his old girlfriend. All the girls at school were going to be there, each one wishing to become a rebound! Fearing the worst for herself coming from this argument Cindy sighed.

“Just get out, both of you.” She walked around behind them, dropping down on the spring mattress on the floor. Her body bounced a bit, extenuating her flowing black hair.

“What if we don’t want too?” They asked again. This whole in sync thing was beginning to annoy Cindy.

Her mind trailing off, Drizzle moved away from her sister over to the dresser where Cindy kept all her books. “This whole bookcase is full of Fairy Tales! You’re such a baby~”

Cindy growled. “Get out before I hurt both of you!”

“Why don’t you take one so we can burn it!?” Anny asked, attempting to provoke Cindy more. Cindy’s eyes grew wide as her sister reached down for one of her books.

She stood, and in an instant was in front of her sister. Before she could stop herself, her hand was brought down on Drizzle’s face, making a loud snapping noise. Drizzle, with a red cheek froze for a second before backing away.