Chapter 1: Runaway

"Princess, your father needs you." A maid awoke me, setting my clothes out, leaving my room.

I rose from my bed, rubbing my eyes. Sleep still lingering along as a dressed myself.

"You needed me father?" I asked, walking into the foyer room.

"Yes. A deal needs to take place." He spoke, looking up at me from his paper littered desk.

"If a deal needs to take place, why am I involved?" I was confused, when deals are needed to take place he usually deals with them himself.

"It involves you. I want you to make this choice, it's for the better of the village." He gestured for me to take a seat, "Zane Ro'Meave has contacted us. He has asked for you hand in marriage and he will make sure nothing happens to this village." He looked for any reaction on my face.

"For the village?" I asked.

"For the village." He responded.

I didn't know we were that desperate at this point, I knew we were going down but not this fast. I thought it through for a few minutes, I just turned nineteen and this is a huge choice. Either my happiness or for the betterment of the village.

"I'll do it." I said. "But it's only for the village."

He smiled, being his only child, only daughter, this had to hurt him in some way. He nodded and directed me back the way I came. I walked down the endless corridors, "M'Lady? Are you alright?" One of the guards spoke, my favorite guard, he never told me his name and still refuses to.

"I have to marry someone in order to protect my fathers land but I don't want to." I sighed.

"Run away with me. I plan on it tonight. I over heard Zane Ro'Meave talking and saying he's still gonna tear down the village after marrying you." He held my hand.

"He what! I have to warn my father!" My concern growing.

"No, it will only make it worse if we leave now he can't hurt you, if you tell your father and Zane find out you told your father he will hurt you." I took his hand in both of mine and nodded.

"I love my father but I must leave. If I leave I can carry on my fathers legacy if I die here our name ends here." I allow the guard to convince me.

"Tonight. I will come and help you escape." He then walked away.

Tonight I will leave and never return, I will miss my home but I don't want to die.