Broken [Niam Hayne]

Niall let out a broken, throat-wrenching sob as he read the hateful comments posted on his Facebook wall. Everyone hated him, so why did he even make the account and accept all the friend requests; probably because they were called "friend" requests, and Niall didn't have any of those. For years, Niall had been bullied incessantly, from being insulted about every aspect of himself to being abused until he was unconscious, and he decided that today would be the day that he stopped it all. He looked out his open window into his neighbor, Liam; who had never physically hurt Niall, but joined his friends in name-calling every now and then. He sighed as he saw him sitting on his bed on his computer. Liam looked up and Niall quickly turned to face to blank wall in front of him and closed his eyes tightly, grabbing the plastic bag beside him. He slowly pulled it over his head, tying the handles tightly behind his neck. He let out another painful sob and started hyperventilating at the thought of what he was doing, only quickening the arrival of his death. He silently hoped that someone would stop him, he wanted to die twice as much as he didn't, but there was still the small voice telling him that he didn't need to.

 Liam hummed softly along with the radio as he kept scrolling through his news feed on Facebook. He was just chatting with Zayn, about a party last week. Everything was like usual. It was just a boring tuesday that Liam decided to spend at home instead of going out. He held back a yawn as he tilted his head up to look over at the clock. But his gaze quickly traveled to the window. On the other side of the street, he could see his neigbours hourse. That was where Niall lived. He usually didn't see the boy at all, but much to his surprise, he did today. Both his eyes widened when he realized what was happening in the house next door, though. Why did Niall have that bag over his head? Was he really gonna..? No, he couldn't possibly... Panic shot through Liam just by the thought. He was not gonna sit by and look at this. Practically throwing his laptop away, he jumped up from the couch. As fast as he could, he ran through the living room, out the door and over to Niall's house. He didn't even bother to put his shoes on. He didn't bother to knock either, he just swung the door open. "Niall!" he called out, his breathing heavy after all the running.

Niall was holding his breath, wanting the hate and the pain to end. Nobody deserved this he thought, his face was going red and blue from holding in the air, he was nearly there, just a few more seconds Niall he kept on saying over and over again in his head, everything will be better. It then lead him to wonder if even anybody would care if he left. His parents sure wouldn't all they cared about was Greg, and how well he did with school and work, they hardly ever took a second look or thought about Niall, the small child, the baby of the house. All of a sudden he could hear loud knocks and cries of his name, he let tears fall. Nobody wanted him, it was just in his head.

Liam knocked over a a vase as he ran through the house. It fell to the floor, making a loud crack and the glass scattered all over the floor. He didn't have time to care, though. He couldn't let Niall die. A part of him wanted to tell him that Niall wouldn't be that stupid. That Niall would know that he was going too far and that he would stop. Yet, Liam wasn't completely sure that he would. He had seen how the guys treated Niall at school, and it wasn't pretty. He also had seen the blonde boy being all alone... well, almost all the time. It was at this point Liam regretted not doing anything. This had gone way to far and Liam should've stopped it for a long time ago. "Niall! Stop!" he shouted. When he finally reached the couch, he ripped the bag open and tore it away from Niall's head. "Please, please, please. Breath, please" he said, panick taking over him again as he began to shake the slightly smaller boy.

Niall let out a heavy shaky breath, his eyes rolling and his face all a different color and patchy. He felt dizzy and sick, swaying a little, his vision was blurry. It was hard for him to make out the figure before him but the voice was so recognizable, but not for a good reason. He felt whoever it was lay him down on the sofa, telling him still to breath but Niall didn't want to "N-no" he said in a shaky breath but then he had to suck air in again, feeling his lungs burning like the sun on his face in the summer, they felt as if they were going to explode.