Prologue

It was the morning of November 8th and I rode my vintage sky blue bike, which my dad had generously fixed up, to school. Which was nothing unusual. The sky was gray and dreary and rain flew in the wind shooting at my face. Yet I smiled brightly, my braces shining.

I was approaching the largest and hardest hill to climb on the way. I was determined to make it to the summit, without a stop. An engine roared behind me, I turned slightly and from the corner of my eye saw a familiar silver truck. I waved. My best friend, Lilian, whom I had known my entire life, waved back from the passenger seat and rolled down the window.

"Violet!" She giggled. "Liking the rain?" She yelled as the truck slowly stayed to pace with me. I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at her. She laughed and rolled the window back up. Then turned to her dad and said something that I couldn't hear through the window.

As the truck passed I caught a glimpse of myself in the car's reflective surface. Scarlet red marks from the morning's chill decorated my nose and the tips of my ears. Long brown locks flew out from my helmet, under my oversized gray hoodie which smelled like pine trees. Just like my dad. I smiled and took in a big whiff of his scent. The truck sped up the hill and out of sight with no difficulty.

But then I heard the ear-splitting sound of metal against metal hit my ears like a sledgehammer. I winced at the volume of the noise. The sound rang all around. I guessed the whole world could hear it.

I huffed and pedaled up the rest of the arduous hill. Then gasped at the horrifying sight on the other side. The lovely grin faded from my face, replaced by a look that I can only explain as utter horror. The silver truck lay on the ground, a mess of mutilated scrap and rubber. Another red car sat smoking, with its front smashed in. And worst of all, Lilian, a crumpled figure in a puddle of blood.

A/N:
Hi, I've written some fan fictions but I thought it would be a nice change to write an original story. This is the prologue of the story, I'll start writing the coming chapters soon. Please tell me how you like it!! I want feedback!

Cora <3