chapter 1

Notre Dame High School. Located in Riverside, CA is a private school that strives to make its students go for a better future. Or so it did.

Welcome to senior year. Just to let you know, the class of 2022 only has 10 months to sort everything out. Friendships, Relationships, Intelligence, Embezzlement, Notability, Dumbasses, and Scandals. Realize how the first initials spells out friends? Yeah. Keep that in mind.

August 2021. The start.

Chloe's POV

Can I be 100% honest right now? I'm fucking tired of seeing these people. Why do I even go here? The boys are ugly as hell. Damn some are even uglier than that one gorilla.. what's his face... ah Harambe. Rest In Peace my guy, but I would like to take your place and be in my grave by now.

So what's exactly been going on? Well it's the first month of our final year here. Yes my nerdy self has been trying to solve her SAT score, doing AP work, and yes, it's time to do college apps. Sorry I'm talking about my whole resume, but my plan really includes going abroad to study.

No you little shit, it's not Korea. Maybe, but that's up for you to imagine. So, I decided to develop love for myself because how the heck am I suppose to date without knowing what love is? Wait that sounded stupid. Anyways.

I was walking into school with all of these thoughts and as I put my car keys away I run into someone. "AYEEEE WASSUP CHLOE!" Geraldy said. Let's not talk about how I thought he was cute freshman year. Disgusting, really disgraceful. "Hey...." I said awkwardly trying not to cringe. Geraldy laughs and noticed the car keys in my hands. "Bruh you drive?!" He said out loud. Everyone in the quad was looking at this point.

He could've been that loud and blabber something out at this one point during freshman year. But of course, he was just useless like he always is. Enough shit about Geraldy. Just as he was messing around, I saw my favorite people in the world. Yes we are talking about my friend group.

"Hey oh my god!" I said as I hugged each and every one of them. However, I did notice something though. As I hugged Lila, I noticed Geraldy's eyes had a certain glow looking at her. Well shit, this assholes probably in love with her. "Ahhh!" Lila said as she almost stained her Kenma keychain with her drink. "Oh watch out weeb!" Geraldy said saving her drink form spilling.

God I wanted to gag. But, if he can prove he's not an asshole I'd approve of it any day. Suddenly I see a familiar face walk towards us. Oh my fucking god.
"DEE!!" Felipe yells hysterically as he run in gay towards Dee. I wanna say Felipe now owns a rainbow notebook where he keeps his book of secrets. You ever watch Mean Girls and know the "Burn Book?" Yeah he keeps his lil secrets.

"Guess who's back bitches!" Dee said hugging all of us into one. As we all hugged I noticed a familiar face in the corner who began to approach Geraldy. Isaac Martinez. I never really though much about him after junior year became more and more hectic overtime, but recently.. he kinda hits different.

The bell rings and classes begin. We begin to walk to our first period and my mind is overwhelmed with how it's finally our final year of high school. To be honest, are we even ready for the shit that's going to happen? No. We're fucking not.

Dee's POV

Samina and I walk into our first class together. I haven't taken theology in a while. But as soon as the teacher started to move his mouth, it all came back to me how religious this school was. Ugh. But after the long long lesson and seeing the obnoxious boys like Alex and JP messing around and making dirty jokes, I decided to gossip with Samina and catch up.

"So what's going on sis??" I said smiling at her as she turns to me. "Well.. uhm... a lot has happened." Samina days beginning to fidget. Oh I know that fidgeting and what it means. It means one of my friends has been involved with a dumbass. But Samina? She can't be as dumb as everyone else to fall for someone bad.. or even ugly.

"You can't tell anyone. Please. I haven't even told my closest friends about this." Samina said looking at me sincerely. Dang I have never seen her so serious in my entire life. "Okay so.. I am currently in a secret relationship with Mikey Kendall." Okay we all know that shit was predictable. What's next! "That was predictable.. I mean..." I said chuckling a bit.

Samina gave me a puzzled look as I winked at her. "Secrets safe with me." I whispered. Well, at least I haven't word from Chloe about any men lately. Especially Mexicans. I can't understand why the hell she would go for people who look like my cousins. Like why would she want some dude named Eduardo Palacios Jr.?

"So.. how did the whole thing happen?" I asked Samina out of curiosity. "Well..."

short story segment: the night mikey confessed to samina.

Mikey takes Samina away and they somehow find a route out of the park. "Unlike them, at least I know a way to get out of here." He said helping Samina climb over the fence once more. Their friend group has decided that a corn maze was a great outing idea. "Just a question, why did you take me and not everyone else?" Samina asks.

"Do you think I can handle people who only care about their love lives and causing trouble?" Mikey asks quite pissed in fact. Samina just stands there quietly. "Come on I want to show you something." He said taking her hand and escorting her towards where a boat was. "I kind of saw it along the way here. Thought we should make use of it."

Mikey then climbs into the boat and finds out how to function it. "Do you trust me?" He asks. Samina bites her lip and fidgets nervously. "Are you sure we're not gonna drown and die if we get stuck at sea?" Mikey then chuckles at Samina and smiles.

"If anything, I'd do anything to save your rather than mine." And with that, Samina blushes hard as she gets into the boat. Mikey then begins to shift the boat towards a spot where you can view the skyline of Tokyo at a distance.

"It's beautiful." Samina said smiling. Then all of a sudden, the patterns begin to light up the sky around them. Boats with other couples came through to witness these lights. "Wow.." They both said one unison. "It's like that one scene in Tangled." Mikey said and chuckles.

"Well, at least we can see the light now." Samina said winking and chuckling as she kept watching the lanterns float across the sky. As Samina looked around in awe, Mikey's eyes began to glow as his heart raced. "Wow.." he murmured. "Huh?" Samina said as she looked backed at him.

At that moment, Mikey grabs her hand, pulls her in and kisses her. Samina's eye widen and closed her eyes slowly as she kisses him back. Mikey pulls away. "I may be crazy for saying this but.. I love you." He says hold her hand.

end of short story segment.

Third Person POV

As they all walked out of their first period, commotion began to spark. "I'm not dumb you idiot, you're in love with her!" Then, one person punches another. "Shut up!" The other person punches him back.

"OY CHICOS BREAK IT UP!" Mrs. Loson says walking in trying to break up the fight but ends up accidentally getting sucker punched by one of the boys.

In that moment, everything changed. Maybe for the better actually. But I honestly think, that this is where everything began. The crazy drama that stand for the initials. F.R.I.E.N.D.S.