The Storm

As I stood at the top of the hill overlooking the town, I could see the entire horizon covered with a dark cloud. The whole town was in an uproar about the approaching storm. People were running around everywhere, gathering other people and pets and running to their cellars.

This is the worst storm this town has ever seen. These past couple weeks have been nothing but sunshine. I stood and watched the twin and all of the chaos as I waited for the arrival of the storm; I had always had an interest in watching those storm shows on TV and now I was about to witness one right before my eyes.

The next thing I know, the people were all hidden away in their cellars. The storm was here. It sounded like a thousand trains were headed towards me. I watched as a tornado descended about ten miles away from me. As it headed towards me, I could see building being destroyed, trees being pulled up out of the ground, and debris flying through the air.

Behind me, I could faintly hear my parents calling me to the cellar, but I was too entranced by the storm to focus on what they were yelling. I was snapped back to reality when my dad grabbed me and ran to the cellar.

About thirty minutes later, we decided that it was safe to go back outside. I bolted out of the cellar, eager to see if I could get a last glimpse of the storm, but it was already gone. I went back to the top of the hill where I had been before the storm and watched as people climbed out of cellars and looked at all the damage around them. Everything but the big cross that stood in front of the church had been destroyed. People gathered around it in amazement. The church, no more than ten feet behind it, had been destroyed. The tree right next to it had been uprooted.

As the church choir began to sing, more people gathered around and joined in. I turned around to look and see what the storm had done to my house. Luckily, nothing was damaged. One of my mom's garden gnomes, however, had fallen over. Other than that, though, everyone was okay.