"Welcome to Riverside"

Selena POV

       "SELENNNAAA! We are going to be late for our flight! Let's go!" I heard my mom scream up the stairs. I let out a long sigh and looked back at my best friend. "I can't believe this is happening" Demi could barely manage to get her sentence out with the tears streaming down her face. We had done everything together since we met at age 6 and now I am leaving her. It didn't feel right and it just isn't fair. I pulled her in for a hug and cried into her shoulder. "I'll be backs Demz, I will do anything I can to come back." I squeezed her as hard as I could one last time and pulled away. 

        Putting my bag over my shoulder I walked down the stairs and out into the car

        Putting my bag over my shoulder I walked down the stairs and out into the car. Demi gave a goodbye to my parents and I watched her pull out of what was my driveway for the last time until who knows when. I hate that we have to move but I know that it's what is best for Brian, my stepdad. I wish I could just be 18 already and I could just live out here on my own. Only two more years until I can have my freedom. 

         I opened my eyes rubbing them seeing the airport straight ahead. We got inside and went through the long and tiresome process of checking in our luggage and going through security. Mom and Brian were trying to make it seem like this could be enjoyable for me but of course I knew that it wouldn't. Nothing could replace how happy I was at home and there was no way they were going to convince me to like it. I am trying my best to think up a plan to get them to move us back home. I knew how much work went into getting us out here so I knew it wasn't likely but who said I can't try?

       Jumping from Texas to California is a big enough jump in itself. It doesn't help me that it is the middle of the school year and I have never even met anyone from California. My brain is throbbing from all the crying, complaining, and overthinking I have done in the past 48 hours that I could barely keep my eyes open for another minute. We had just boarded the plane and I planned on sleeping every minute of it. I have no interest in watching my home town fade away thousands of feet below me. 

         The wheels of the plane hit the ground signaling we had landed and waking me up. My mom flashes me a big smile when I glance in her direction and I give her one back with half the enthusiasm. The captain gets on the intercom blabbering about the weather and whatever else I didn't care to listen to. The last sentence he said is the only thing that sunk in.

   "Welcome to Riverside!"

A/N : Thank you for reading hehehe I am really excited for this story and I have many ideas so I can't wait to see how it all plays out..

 Also I love love love putting gifs and pictures in for reactions and just for visuals so a lot of them won't make sense together bc I will have Selena from like 2013 and then the next gif will be selena in like 2018 so just go with it ((: It just is to give a visual of what I am writing about.

Anyway hope you enjoyed!