Chapter One

Dedicated to @Leviosa_Lily because it's her birthday, and who doesn't love her?

Nico was looking.

Looking for what has been taking from him.

The dim street lamps did nothing to light up the dark streets of the city. It was eerily quiet, each gust of wind chilling Nico's bones. Nico counted five street lamps flickering or dead.

He walked on, taking silent steps into the unfamiliar city.

Nico glanced around.

The city's buildings towered over him, just like Jason.

Not Jason Grace, one of the seven, (nor Jason Todd) he was Nico's older brother in the '40s.

Abusive to Nico, an angel to Bianca.

A two-face. 

Nico suddered at the sudden memory. 

"You'd better not tell"

"I won't."

"... Hey Bianca! Back from school?"

"Yeah! Hey jason."

Bianca walked away, not seeing Nico in his bruised form.

After Bianca left, Jason raised his arm to hit Nico. And Nico wasn't fast enough to cover his head.

Nico kept walking along the street, trying to clear his face of any emotion.

Tearstains still traced his cheeks, but Nico didn't bother.

Nico froze.

He was being followed.

He didn't want the pursuer to know that Nico knew, so Nico couldn't run. Nico turned a sharp corner, his heart starting to race. He prayed to all the gods he could think of to get away.

The gods let him know that they hated him.

Nico turned again, only to be cornered at a dead end. Nico stopped, and tensed.

No footsteps. Nico's hairs on his arms stood straight up. His heartbeat raced faster than his mind.

He slowly turned around, and lookd up into the eyes of a man dressed in black.

"Hi?" Nico said to the man.

"Why are you out at night? Where are your parents?"

"They're both underground somewhere." Not a lie. The man's faced softened for a split second.

"Come with me." Nico raised his eyebrows.

"My mom mentioned something about 'Stranger Danger' before she died, and I feel like this is a great time to listen to her."

"Come with me," The man with the bat costume repeated. "I have a friend who would take you in."

Nico just stared blankly at the Bat guy.

"No thanks. I'm fine on my-"

"I'm not about to take some crap from a nine year old-"

"I'm ten." Nico wasn starting to grow agitated.

"Whatever," The bat guy growled.

"Can I like, go now?"

"No."

"That's mean." Nico pushed past bat guy and tried to run.

And ran into a person with a spandex with a blue logo on it.

"Fuck."

And that was how Nico ended up in the police station, about to get adopted by some weirdo billionaire.