Accept Me.

You didn't look Chenle in the eyes as you gave him back the box of some of the gifts he bought you throughout your friendship over the years.

Chenle's jaw was clenched, he was trying to fight back his tears.

You looked away, rubbing your arm.

"Um... I'll drop off more things tomorrow." you said, turning around to walk off when you felt a hand grab your wrist tightly.

You looked back and felt your body turn cold as you finally met Chenle's eyes.

He was pissed.

"After all I've done for you? All the gifts I gave you... You're just gonna leave me? Just give up on us?!" he asked angrily and you frowned, trying to get his hand off of you.

"All you've done was drive my friends out of my life and try to buy my love for you. That's not how friendships works! Now let me go!" you said, grabbing at his hand, trying your best to remove his grip but failing.

"Do you think I care about that? I did those things to show you that I am all you need. Why can't you see that you don't need anyone else but me?!" he whined. "You know I can support you. I can make it so you never have to work ever again."

"And who says I want that Chenle?! You can't just decide who and what I need in my life!"

"Yes I can." he growled, his grip tight on your wrist.

"I care so much about you... I love you so much. I don't know if I love you as a friend or as something more but you mean so much to me. Why can't you just accept me? Why can't you just accept the love I have for you?" he asked desperately.

You shook your head.

Maybe it was a bad idea to come to his apartment alone.

"Chenle, please let me go."

"No. Not until you take your gifts back and promise to never leave me."

You gulped, your eyes filling with tears.

"Chenle please..."

"Promise me."

"I promise!" you yelled.

Chenle quickly pulled you into a hug, his hand rubbing you back.

"See how easy that was?" he chuckled. "See how easy it is to just accept me?"