New school

As you stand in the line to get placed, you stare at the ceiling in wonder. "This place really is the most beautiful place on earth," you think. As you space out you hear your name called by the sorting hat. "Brigit Heidrich!" You snap back to reality and walk up the stairs to sit on the bench. As you look around the room, and the hat is set on your head, you see all the people you've hear about, the famous Harry Potter, the geeky Ron Weasly, and of course, the book worm, Hermoine Granger. You recall the other people sitting at the Gryffindor table as the hat calls out, "Ravenclaw!" You stand up smiling and walk over to the Ravenclaw table, sitting down by a girl with long,curly, dark brown hair and brown skin. "Hi, I'm--" you're cut off by the girls words. "Brigit Heidrich?" the girl smiles and holds her hand out. "I'm Vanessa Rubel. Nice to meet you." You smile and shake her hand as the last of the freshmen get sorted. While happy that you met a new person, you still are very curious about the three Gryffindors that always happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. "Alright! You will be escorted to your dorms by your respective elders and will stay there until school tomorrow." Professor Mcgonagall said as the rest of the school stood up to be escorted. When you got to your dorm you set your things on your bed and unpacked., putting your suitcase under your bed. As you crawl into bed you smile, excited about the day to come.