~

juyeon stopped writing his charms essay on priori incantatem and it's similarities to the spell known as prior incantato and looked up when he heared a loud raucous laugh in the distance. the other ravenclaw, kevin, and hufflepuff, jacob, next to him also found themselves focusing on the cause of this said disturbance. scattered off at the far end up the courtyard, dangerously close to the forbidden forest, were a gaggle of indefatigable and sprightly yellow clad figures. their high-octane like behaviour catching the attention of not only them but other students around them as well.

there sat a rather radiant group of hufflepuff's who had a quite a distinguished reputation due to hogwart's rumour mill - chanhee would not shut up as soon as anything to do with them was mentioned. juyeon recognised multiple of them due to shared classes and quidditch. the familiar silhouette of seeker lee jaehyun - he looked drowsy as his long eyelashes fluttered prettily every few moments - had his head in some unrecognisable, older hufflepuff's lap whilst the tall prefect known as kim younghoon hummed softly to the melody of the rhythmic runes most recent song. another familiar face belonging to a younger student juyeon tutored in potions, ju haknyeon was sat across from jaehyun; the youngest of the bunch was weaving daisies into jaehyun's fluffy mop of hair. despite of peculiarly serene vibe they seemed to let off, the rumble of pure uproar had it crashing down within seconds.

jaehyun's infectious laugh brought a small almost invisible grin to juyeon's chiselled features meanwhile kevin and jacob both had somewhat unreadable expressions. they continued to watch the group in it's daze.

"are they high?" kevin mumbled as they watched the hoard of hufflepuff's from across the courtyard. then added, "i mean... they probably are after all, them hufflepuff's are apparently smuggling drug like substances from some weasley bloke jaehyun knows. you know, veela privileges."

"honestly dude, what is with you and your conspiracy theories about druggie hufflepuffs?!" jacob sighed, the muggle born prefect's expression morphing into slight disbelief at kevin's earlier words. juyeon watched their exchange with a glint of mirth in his sharp gaze.

"well, there's literally puff in the name."

"kevin! this is my house you're talking about!"

"i'm just saying!"

————

the sound of the chair screeching across the floor brought juyeon out of his daze, he turned to see hyunjae sporting silver hair and pearly eyes. he gave the cute metamorphmagus a nod and found himself looking around at the other unique half-bloods in the defence against the dark arts classroom. juyeon and jaehyun were the only ones from their year as well as a few older half breed students.

due to their blood status, they have to take extra lessons because of their abilities and due to people's prejudices against them. being half werewolf, juyeon knew people didn't tread lightly on there strong negative opinions and thoughts on his kind. unlike juyeon's muggle mother who found the fact his father was a werewolf hot, the wizard part didn't bother her either; his mother always said she was team jacob anyways. juyeon learnt to never let her drag him into having a twilight marathon with her. he was the only hogwarts student with werewolf blood.

the half veela, half metamorphmagus next to him flashed a dazzling toothy smile, painting a ray of sunshine all over his face as his eyes turned into cute crescents. looking so inviting. leaving the ravenclaw somewhat breathless at the sight. the personification of the sun, juyeon thought.

"your juyeon, right? i'm jaehyun," the hufflepuff questioned in his soft voice.

"yeah. i know," juyeon replied to the other quidditch player.