Raindrop Plip Plop.

The Raindrop's fell in a rapid succession off his hat.
He had just buried his best friend and was standing over the grave of one Simon Johnson.

The young woman approached him and asked "Delucas Wolfe?"
He said in a sad tone "Yeah but it's just Deluca now."
"I was a friend of Simon's my name's Isabelle"
She extended her hand and he shook it saying "nice to meet you but I'm afraid Simon never mentioned you to me."

She watched him and took note of the ShadowHunter symbol tattooed on his shoulder.
"So you're a ShadowHunter too hunh?" She asked smiling trying to lighten the mood.
He hal turned with a sad smile and said "Yeah not my best idea but i never back down from a promise."

She held the umbrella tightly and asked "A promise?" He smiled another sad smile and said "Yeah i promised Simon that if he would marry his girlfriend I'd join the ShadowHunter's. Long story short his wife is now a widow."

"But i have a feeling you didn't come here to hear a story did you?"
He added
"No i came to see him one last time and get you."
She said her happy mood killed by his somber one.
"Get me? Are you an assassin? Because if you are you should be aware that i won't go down without a fight" he said his hand finding it's way inside his black hoodie pocket where his holstered P226 was resting.

She chuckled nervously "No no I'm not an assassin if i was you'd already be dead and we wouldn't be having this conversation."
She said and then gulped when his serrated throwing knife was pressed against her throat.

"Oh really now?"
He asked clearly unafraid. In a blink the knife was gone and he was docile again.
He pulled his hood off and let the light rain mist his short military reg hair.
"Then let's get going" he said and started a brisk walk towards his garage keeping his hand in his hoodie pocket where his finger pressed against the trigger.

She noticed his tense shoulder's and generally tense expression as she walked behind him.
He was nervous.
But that made sense as he couldn't ever remember swearing an oath to the council to become a parabati.

Short chapter for now. They will get longer.